Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tracer Missile spammers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tracer Missile spammers

SmokinBuda
01.17.2012 , 07:49 AM | #1
Are there soon being taking action to stop that overheat glitch?
It is totally unacceptable this are not being addressed.
If you dont have the expertise to fix such a gamebreaking bug atleast make it even so Republic can do something simular.
Grrrrr

Dalnar
01.17.2012 , 07:50 AM | #2
I would love if there was like 5% chance that the missile explodes before being launched, killing the clue-hunter in the process. Oh sweat dreams...back to work....

Vlaid
01.17.2012 , 07:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SmokinBuda View Post
Are there soon being taking action to stop that overheat glitch?
It is totally unacceptable this are not being addressed.
If you dont have the expertise to fix such a gamebreaking bug atleast make it even so Republic can do something simular.
Grrrrr
What bug exactly are you referring to? First I've heard of it.
50 Commando - Atreus - Hyperspace Cannon (PVE West Coast)
Because there's more to PVP than open world PVP.

SmokinBuda
01.17.2012 , 07:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
What bug exactly are you referring to? First I've heard of it.
Mercenary´s can spam a highhitting ability even though their game mechanic (overheating)
should prevent it.

theMornox
01.17.2012 , 07:59 AM | #5
its cheap gameplay, should really get a look as spamming one button for maximum effectiveness wont be that satisfying for the missile spammers as well.
If you dont take your opportunities in this life, in which will you do elsewise?

Mandochia
01.17.2012 , 08:00 AM | #6
Mercenary´s can spam a highhitting ability even though their game mechanic (overheating)
should prevent it.
where on earth did you get that from ? if we overheat we can use either vent heat or a free shot. never shoot altough its overheated...

bennyrosso
01.17.2012 , 08:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandochia View Post
where on earth did you get that from ? if we overheat we can use either vent heat or a free shot. never shoot altough its overheated...
I guess he means that u can spam the missiles, wich u should not be able to do and have so high substained dmg in pvp.
[Ayreon: Lvl 50 Assassin rank 50+] [Ayrea: Lvl 50 Operative rank 64] [Ashaa: lvl 22 mercenary rank 20+] [Ravel: lvl 50 Marauder rank 50+]
The Newborn legacy - Guild: We Dont Play Pandas -Peragus Mining Facility EU

DarthNofu
01.17.2012 , 08:04 AM | #8
should prevent it.
You have no idea do you? The ability is the trademark for the Arsenal Mercenary. That whole tree is specced to make that skill stronger and less costly. So no, there is no game-breaking bug that BioWare missed. They purposely put it into the game for that class.

Now as to why they get such an OP attack which seems to kill you so easily? Here is why:

• DPS: VERY HIGH
  • Mobility: Zero
  • Survivability: Little to None

This game isn't going to be super-balanced on play types. Your best bet is to learn the play style of each class and THEN PvP. This class type is a glass cannon. They cannot move. They have to charge up the attack. And they really cannot survive many hits. If a melee character can get into range and stay there, then they will destroy the class. If another class stuns the skill for four seconds, they are done for.

Learn about a class before you start screaming bug, seriously.

Kentontudor
01.17.2012 , 08:08 AM | #9
Any Arsenal Mercenary that spams Tracer Missile is not playing the class right. Unload, Railshot, Heatseaker Missiles should all be the majority of your attacks with Tracer Missle thrown in to keep the buff up.

And there's also a spec in the talent tree that lowers the hear cost of Tracer Missle.

So when you see someone spamming Tracer Missile, just laugh at them because they aren't playing their class right.

P.S. - I'm in full Champions gear.
TonyPerkis - Arsenal Mercenary

theMornox
01.17.2012 , 08:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNofu View Post
You have no idea do you? The ability is the trademark for the Arsenal Mercenary. That whole tree is specced to make that skill stronger and less costly. So no, there is no game-breaking bug that BioWare missed. They purposely put it into the game for that class.

Now as to why they get such an OP attack which seems to kill you so easily? Here is why:

• DPS: VERY HIGH
  • Mobility: Zero
  • Survivability: Little to None

This game isn't going to be super-balanced on play types. Your best bet is to learn the play style of each class and THEN PvP. This class type is a glass cannon. They cannot move. They have to charge up the attack. And they really cannot survive many hits. If a melee character can get into range and stay there, then they will destroy the class. If another class stuns the skill for four seconds, they are done for.

Learn about a class before you start screaming bug, seriously.

true, still the gameplay highly lacks complexity. i consider it a part of balance that every class is ROUGHLY as hard to play as others.

i dont mind loosing to an enemy who shows strong gameplay. he might just have been better than me. but i mind dying to one-button spamming kids who literally showed nothing that would justify a win over me. this is what bothers me.
If you dont take your opportunities in this life, in which will you do elsewise?