Bioware YOU caused crew skill imbalance... now you are making it worse... :/

psysention

Crew skills aka craft skills are public service... it shouldn't be designed for private use...

Almost all the lvl 50 items that comes from crewskills are BoP... That means crafters can only craft for themselves... This is what causing the imbalance...

Instead of "nerfin" the biochem, you must remove all the extre preq for crafter items and make em all BoE...

This way everybody can use everything that comes from crew skills...

This way there can be 100% balance..

and some extra notes...

Tionese Implants are BoP

Columi Implants are BoE

Columi Relics BoP

What is the point of making BoP craft? what good is the craft skill if you can not sell your stuff? In order to balance every crew skill... just change every craft item to BoE so everybody can use em and no one would cry/whine on forums...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

additional note:

Some guy from bioware recently said, they didn't wanted crew skill choice to effect pvp/pve

my response: Because of you implemented BoP crafts to end-game, you caused crew skills to effect endgame pvp/pve...

The items that comes from crew skills must be changed to BoE, so everybody can buy and use em, even if they don't have a single crew skill...

Edited by psysention

Yes, BoP on purples makes no sense. Now they nerf our pots and make the cd longer, and since when is a 5k pot 50% of your HP on a 17-20k HP toon? Now I spent all my credits on leveling Biochem for nothing, you can't make any credits from it.

Meanwhile operatives run around in hide, push you to ground from behind and 2-3 shoot you... that doesn't need a nerf, the pots do! Oh, and now that we are on pots, the best ones are the ones you click and NO HP IS ADDED, just a new CD on your pot, nice game mechanics!

Crew skills aka craft skills are public service... it shouldn't be designed for private use...

Almost all the lvl 50 items that comes from crewskills are BoP... That means crafters can only craft for themselves... This is what causing the imbalance...

Instead of "nerfin" the biochem, you must remove all the extre preq for crafter items and make em all BoE...

This way everybody can use everything that comes from crew skills...

This way there can be 100% balance..

and some extra notes...

Tionese Implants are BoP

Columi Implants are BoE

Columi Relics BoP

What is the point of making BoP craft? what good is the craft skill if you can not sell your stuff? In order to balance every crew skill... just change every craft item to BoE so everybody can use em and no one would cry/whine on forums...

I agree with the statement itself, but pls, dont let Biochem be available to everyone and then call it "fair". I dont know if you have been in a WZ lately, but if everyone starts using this, its just a buff-fest with nothing else anymore.

So just for the sake of PvP, leave Biochem out of it

I agree with the statement itself, but pls, dont let Biochem be available to everyone and then call it "fair". I dont know if you have been in a WZ lately, but if everyone starts using this, its just a buff-fest with nothing else anymore.

But everyone will do this in anycase as they will simply choose biochem to level to get those. Only way to go is to nerf those purples even more and make them BOE.

my friend i am biochemist since the day 1 of the Early Game Access aka EGA...

and not to mention i was alchemist/apothecary in almost ever mmo...

In evey mmo there are pots aka medpacks and flasks aka stims and short term buff potions aka adrenals...

In every single mmo alchemists/apothecary players able to craft flasks and potions and every other player was using these potions/flasks in pvp and pve...

They are currently changing the "Overcharge Consumable" to "Warzone Expertise Adrenal" that means biochem adrenals and the overcharge consumable will not STACK...

Not to mention there is easier way to deal with this, by adding Diminishing Return to consumables..

Don't worry there won't be a buff fest in pvp because of biochem stuff if they change the craft items into BoE... And not to mention every player has a right to use these buffs even if they are not biochemist...

Edited by psysention

Some guy from bioware recently said, they didn't wanted crew skill choice to effect pvp/pve

my response: Because of you implemented BoP crafts to end-game, you caused crew skills to effect endgame pvp/pve....

Totally agree, it was their asinine BOP fixation that caused this in the first place.

I dont think all crafted items should be BOP, then you would just choose the crew skill that made you the most money so that you could buy the item.

Crew skills should have a mixture of both, some items and recipes BOP some BOE with the very very best items (crafting recipes you get from end bosses in raids for instance) being BOP

Other viable items should be a mixture of both, but i do not agree with the argument that all craftable items should be BOE thats retarded.

Guys

either bioware has to add some useful stuff to other Crew skills

or they have to balance the material/time costs of the biochem Hyper-Battle stims/medpacks

Let's look at this subject from a larger angle...

If they change Rakata Biochem stuff into BoE, eventually everybody will have those and no biochemist will be able to earn credits by selling these stuff on the Galactic Trade center...

Now let's look at this item > Prototype Hyper-Battle Might Stim > Requires Level 48

Use: Increases Strength by 104 and Power by 43 for 120 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time. This effect persists through defeat.

Now let's see what this item needs as raw material > Components:

4x Psychoactive Compound (Bioanalysis gathering)

1x Hypo-syringe (vendor)

6x Quick-Growth Agent (bioanalysis gathering)

4x Red Goo (bioanalysis gathering)

4x Experimental Serum (diplomacy mission)

In order to craft 1x Prototype stim, you have to spent around 2 hours of play time > 1 hour mission skill + 14-15 minutes for gathering mats + around 45 minutes for the craft...

So because of this, everybody is going biochemist, so people can use REUSABLE stuff.. And almost NOBODY is trying to craft prototype stims... Who would wanna spent 2 hours to craft 1x stim... And how much is gonna be the actual market price for that stim???

/discuss

please give ideas to balance this games crew skills

Edited by psysention

Bioware = Noobs

I disagree with this..

Bioware proved themselves worthy in most of the games they developed...

i'm sorry for my language but EA ***** Up many great MMO's in the past...

so if you wanna blame somebody blame EA not Bioware..

Edited by LexiCazam
Avoiding the filter

An even easier fix would be to not allow pots/stims/adrenals in war zones at all. Think about it, it is technically against the rules for most major sports leagues to use human growth hormone (HGH) and other performance enhancing drugs....So what are we saying when we allow it in video games...Yes I understand that it's just a game, but youth are very impressionable. I say they should implement code that bans the use of them in war zones to promote healthy competition (i.e. your success will all come down to skill and the gear that you have obtained, earned or not).

I disagree with this..

Bioware proved themselves worthy in most of the games they developed...

i'm sorry for my language but EA Fcked Up many great MMO's in the past...

so if you wanna blame somebody blame EA not Bioware..

Bioware = MMO Noobs then...;)

Aren't the bind on pickup Biochem items the reusable items? Why on earth would you want to start distributing those? They'd kill your potential for future sales if you could sell those items to people. Bioware making them BoP only is what keeps them from killing the market for Biochem items...

Aren't the bind on pickup Biochem items the reusable items? Why on earth would you want to start distributing those? They'd kill your potential for future sales if you could sell those items to people. Bioware making them BoP only is what keeps them from killing the market for Biochem items...

if you can read my posts on this thread

i explained

prototype lvl 48 stims costs too much time to craft.. 2hours for 1x stim

is there even a market atm for stim sales?????

I'm not yet 50, and have just been following this debate on the forums, but I was wondering...

You say it takes 2+ hours to make the blue nonreuseable stim. How long does it take to gather all the mats for the reusable stem? Would this not be factored into the price of a BOE version? I would think you could make quite a large amount of credits selling the reusables. If the reuseables take 1-2 days gathering mats, it would take a long time to outfit your entire servers population.