Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Way of the mandalorians

Rondoman
01.17.2012 , 04:03 AM | #1
So I've been thinking about playing a bounty hunter. The class seems pretty cool, I've always been a huge fan of Boba and Jango, I've read all about them in comics and books. But its wierd, when I hear people talk about mandalorians, all I hear is about how they have all this honor and seek glory in battle
I was hoping someone could help me understand them a little better. Jango Fett, at the time of the movies was a mandalorian, wasn't he? He didn't seem to worry about honor or glory, he just did the job to get paid, and that is pretty much how I would want to act as a mandalorian bounty hunter. But if I ran around being rediculously cruel, will the mandalorians not like it? Will they complain if I shoot innocent unarmed civilians for a few credits? Maybe I just don't know enough about them.

Wisz_Rethon
01.17.2012 , 04:14 AM | #2
the code i more a set of loose guidelines than rules of conduct.

And it's mostly amongst fellow Mandalorians.

Mandalorians have slaughtered uncountable beings through their history.

No worries there mate
SWTOR: you expected .
you thought you got got .
but it's really .

Rondoman
01.17.2012 , 04:22 AM | #3
So I can basically do whatever I want and the rest of the mandalorians won't really say anything? That would work out nicely.

Koronii
01.17.2012 , 04:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rondoman View Post
So I've been thinking about playing a bounty hunter. The class seems pretty cool, I've always been a huge fan of Boba and Jango, I've read all about them in comics and books. But its wierd, when I hear people talk about mandalorians, all I hear is about how they have all this honor and seek glory in battle
I was hoping someone could help me understand them a little better. Jango Fett, at the time of the movies was a mandalorian, wasn't he? He didn't seem to worry about honor or glory, he just did the job to get paid, and that is pretty much how I would want to act as a mandalorian bounty hunter. But if I ran around being rediculously cruel, will the mandalorians not like it? Will they complain if I shoot innocent unarmed civilians for a few credits? Maybe I just don't know enough about them.
I think I heard somewhere hat Jango Fett was a lapsed Mandalorian, and that Boba Fett wasn't really one at all.

Wisz_Rethon
01.17.2012 , 04:27 AM | #5
do what you want. If you make Mandalorians slightly unhappy it is only asserting your true self. you're no slave to any 'philosophy'
SWTOR: you expected .
you thought you got got .
but it's really .

Rondoman
01.17.2012 , 04:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Koronii View Post
I think I heard somewhere hat Jango Fett was a lapsed Mandalorian, and that Boba Fett wasn't really one at all.
You're pretty much right, Jango Fett used to be a mandalorian and even became mandalore, but he stopped operating as a mandalorian after some battle (If I remeber correctly). But he never really quit I guess, just stopped doing anything with them.

Boba Fett only became a mandalorian after he escaped the sarlacc pit (in the eu).

SammyRath
01.17.2012 , 04:44 AM | #7
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

That should tell you everything about Jango you might want to know.

Quote:
he just did the job to get paid, and that is pretty much how I would want to act as a mandalorian bounty hunter. But if I ran around being rediculously cruel, will the mandalorians not like it? Will they complain if I shoot innocent unarmed civilians for a few credits?
Minor gameplay spoilers:

Spoiler

Quote:
You're pretty much right, Jango Fett used to be a mandalorian and even became mandalore, but he stopped operating as a mandalorian after some battle (If I remeber correctly).
He was probably still Mandalore in Episode 2, but like you said he was distant to his "people". He pretty much cut ties with the remaining Mandalorians after the Battle of Galidraan.

Quote:
But he never really quit I guess, just stopped doing anything with them.
Correct. He did however imprint a lot of Mandalorian customs into the Clone Troopers he personally trained, so the Mandalorian legacy survived.

Rondoman
01.17.2012 , 04:55 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

That should tell you everything about Jango you might want to know.

Minor gameplay spoilers:

Spoiler

He was probably still Mandalore in Episode 2, but like you said he was distant to his "people". He pretty much cut ties with the remaining Mandalorians after the Battle of Galidraan.

Correct. He did however imprint a lot of Mandalorian customs into the Clone Troopers he personally trained, so the Mandalorian legacy survived.
Ah, thank you SammyRath, that was extremely helpful. I was worried the Mandalore would yell at me for breaking the code or something. lol

Stormcloudx
01.17.2012 , 06:19 AM | #9
Jango still followed the Mandolorian code to an extinct, contrast him to Montross who was basically a murderer. Jango was a bounty hunter and in it for the credits but still followed the moral principles of the Mandolorian Code Meerel implemented with the "true mandolorians"

GthcRvn
01.17.2012 , 06:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Koronii View Post
Yeah. In the books(pre and post movies) both are described as amazing warriors but horrible mandalorians.