Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would Mace Windu be considered a "Dark Jedi"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Would Mace Windu be considered a "Dark Jedi"?

ArcticChilli
01.17.2012 , 03:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
Im sorry...I laughed at the title...

Im going to hell arent I?

(I would say he was..."close" as he created Juyo, a rather radical and dangerous form because you used your emotions which could be bad...but he was a master and could control himself easier.)
hohohoho, i didn't even see that

Trellen
01.17.2012 , 03:18 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Krusedullfaen View Post
I don't really think there would be any real consequences. The guy was a Sith Lord, nobody has seemed to care about due process when it comes to Sith before, why would they now?
Hmm I see what you mean. Oh well

Mace has been one of my favorite masters for a long time, just sad I would have to go Empire to use the same saber crystal color.

DarkestDaemon
01.17.2012 , 03:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Trellen View Post
Hmm I see what you mean. Oh well

Mace has been one of my favorite masters for a long time, just sad I would have to go Empire to use the same saber crystal color.
You could play a Light side Sith.

Trellen
01.17.2012 , 03:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
You could play a Light side Sith.
I might just do that after I get this Jedi Knight up. I've played empire my past few characters into mid 20s (trying to understand each class a little better) and I want to take a break from the same linear planets and questing areas. Republic is still new to me.

But beggars cant be choosers and I can respect BW enough not to complain too much about their choices. Lightsabers look amazing in this game to me anyways and that should be enough.

Random question though and this was bugging me. I know lightsabers cant be used underwater because theyre electrical, but what if you turn on the saber out of water and dip a portion of the blade in water? Does the blade stop where it touches the water and just boil it? Or would the blade continue in as far as it goes because its so hot?

DarkestDaemon
01.17.2012 , 04:23 AM | #25
I might just do that after I get this Jedi Knight up. I've played empire my past few characters into mid 20s (trying to understand each class a little better) and I want to take a break from the same linear planets and questing areas. Republic is still new to me.

But beggars cant be choosers and I can respect BW enough not to complain too much about their choices. Lightsabers look amazing in this game to me anyways and that should be enough.

Random question though and this was bugging me. I know lightsabers cant be used underwater because theyre electrical, but what if you turn on the saber out of water and dip a portion of the blade in water? Does the blade stop where it touches the water and just boil it? Or would the blade continue in as far as it goes because its so hot?
I'm pretty sure they work underwater, I remember watching an episode of the animated Clone Wars, not the CG, with Kit Fisto leading a counterattack against Separatist forces. He had his lightsaber ignited underwater on the Nautolan homeworld.

Sky_walkerPL
01.17.2012 , 04:40 AM | #26
Lightsabers aren't electrical. (unless you talk about hilt itself, but this can be easily water-sealed).
Lightsabers CAN be used under water, but not all of them (eg. Obi-Wan lightsaber got broken while getting into water in episode 1)
If you will point saber into water from above - it'll be exactly the same what would happen if you'd put red-hot metal into water. Liquid will evaporate.
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

Rayla_Felana
01.17.2012 , 06:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bgiffo View Post
Wouldn't Meetra Surik count? She followed Revan in the mandalorian war but stopped short of becoming sith.
No, a dark Jedi is a Jedi that has fallen to the dark side, she never fell to the dark side, in fact she was one of few Jedi to not turn to the dark side after the Mandalorian Wars, and was the only Jedi left in the galaxy when Kreia killed the Jedi Masters on Dantooine, she rebuilt the Order and probably could've been the Grand Master of the order if not for her seeking Revan.

Dutchpower
01.17.2012 , 06:42 AM | #28
I would rather describe him as a black jedi.

Mynameisaron
01.17.2012 , 06:51 AM | #29
Windu had a lot of rage but as mentioned previously he used his lightsaber form Vaapad to utilize it in combat and not allow it to over come him.

Wombatninja
01.17.2012 , 07:00 AM | #30
I was hoping that someone would site something from the book 'Shatterpoint'....

I'm not sure about juyo, but mace did create and use the vaapad lightsaber system that apparently even yoda could not master....This did bring him very close to the darkside as everytime he used it he had to hold back.

Also if no one in this thread has read Shatterpoint it's probably one of the best Star Wars novels imo...