Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would Mace Windu be considered a "Dark Jedi"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Would Mace Windu be considered a "Dark Jedi"?

smartalectwo
01.16.2012 , 11:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Trellen View Post
Who used a cyan saber in any of the movies or extended universe I would like to know
According to Wookiepaedia, the Jedi Exile of KOTOR 2. Funnily enough.
There is no try.

Tarkastio
01.16.2012 , 11:58 PM | #12
Title says it all.
If not than are there any other examples of such?
Dark Jedi does not mean a jedi that is a bit darker and has more emotions, it means a dark side force user that does not follow the cult of the sith.

The common misconception is that Sith is a broad term for all dark side force users, the sith are a specfic cult of dark side force users.
Lister - Human Smuggler Scoundrel
Tarkastio - Republic Zabrak Trooper Vanguard
Tarkirst - Human Consular Shadow
Derelicta'ignis - Imperial Zabrak Knight Sentinel

Trellen
01.17.2012 , 12:03 AM | #13
wookiepedia says that its possible Revan used a cyan crystal as well

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mantle_of_the_Force

This could bring into question the choice to have purple sabers for Empire and cyan for Republic. Granted Revan was both (or something of the like, Im not very good at the lore)

Iaius
01.17.2012 , 12:48 AM | #14
He was pretty close to falling. He'd decided to commit treason and circumvent the laws of the Republic by assaulting the Supreme Chancellor and--if necessary--seizing control of the Senate itself. Due process, Windu says? What's that? If Skywalker hadn't stopped Windu, it's likely Windu would have killed Palpatine outright because he simply couldn't be bothered to do things right. That sort of shoddy moral justification is exactly what leads people astray.

Palpatine would have won either way. If he were killed by Windu, the Jedi would have simply become the very thing they were trying to fight.

Bgiffo
01.17.2012 , 01:02 AM | #15
Wouldn't Meetra Surik count? She followed Revan in the mandalorian war but stopped short of becoming sith.

CharagonIGN
01.17.2012 , 01:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Iaius View Post
He was pretty close to falling. He'd decided to commit treason and circumvent the laws of the Republic by assaulting the Supreme Chancellor and--if necessary--seizing control of the Senate itself. Due process, Windu says? What's that? If Skywalker hadn't stopped Windu, it's likely Windu would have killed Palpatine outright because he simply couldn't be bothered to do things right. That sort of shoddy moral justification is exactly what leads people astray.

Palpatine would have won either way. If he were killed by Windu, the Jedi would have simply become the very thing they were trying to fight.
Dammit, now I want to see an alternative universe where Windu kills Palpatine and convinces Anakin to help him gain control of the Republic.

Gibbs
01.17.2012 , 02:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
Dammit, now I want to see an alternative universe where Windu kills Palpatine and convinces Anakin to help him gain control of the Republic.
Now that would have been an interesting "what if" movie (or book or whatever). Dammit, I can't ever think I will shake this from my head now
The Lightdarker Legacy - (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)
Gibbes, Jedi Shadow - Znophy, Gunslinger
Znobbes, Sith Juggernaut - Znibba, Operative

DarkestDaemon
01.17.2012 , 02:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
Now that would have been an interesting "what if" movie (or book or whatever). Dammit, I can't ever think I will shake this from my head now
So... Mace Windu would become Dark Lord of the Republic?

Trellen
01.17.2012 , 02:48 AM | #19
Possibly but probably not the "Dark Lord" that Palp was. But who knows, maybe Mace would have known the severity of what he had done and the only way to show Anakin the light would be to turn himself (Mace) in.

Krusedullfaen
01.17.2012 , 03:12 AM | #20
Possibly but probably not the "Dark Lord" that Palp was. But who knows, maybe Mace would have known the severity of what he had done and the only way to show Anakin the light would be to turn himself (Mace) in.
I don't really think there would be any real consequences. The guy was a Sith Lord, nobody has seemed to care about due process when it comes to Sith before, why would they now?