Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fewer, 'companions gifts' missions please for underworld trading??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Fewer, 'companions gifts' missions please for underworld trading??

pahbi
01.16.2012 , 11:07 PM | #1
Before logging out for the night I thought, "Hey, lemme send out some crew members on some underworld trading missions for materials."

Press N

Click Underworld Trading Icon

Widow opens up

ALL missions for crew gifts.

I mean W>T>F? Who needs this many gift missions?

And i'm not interested in work arounds to reset the list. Its retarded the list should pop up like that in the first place.

When you open the list there should be a minimum of 2 missions for cloth and 2 missions for metal of random qualities.

- P

Draconax
01.17.2012 , 12:18 AM | #2
I find this problem is even worse for diplomacy, when you have to deal with first getting the proper alignment, and then the proper mission type. So frustrating opening the panel and seeing only light side missions, or having only 1 darkside mission to choose from, and its a companion gift one. Really wish it would just list all the missions at all times.

Nyysjan
01.17.2012 , 04:59 AM | #3
It would be awesome if i could always have 1 of each mission available to me, unfortunately i often have to either not send comps to missions on UT, or send them for something i don't want and hope they bring back a schema (rare, and almost always synth, and my BH is armormech).
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

dannythefool
01.17.2012 , 05:11 AM | #4
Yeah I don't need that many gifts either but my companions sure are happy now.

To be fair, while leveling up it's actually worth quite some exp to complete all their little talk quests. So it's not *entirely* useless, just annoying.

Nyysjan
01.17.2012 , 05:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
Yeah I don't need that many gifts either but my companions sure are happy now.

To be fair, while leveling up it's actually worth quite some exp to complete all their little talk quests. So it's not *entirely* useless, just annoying.
it would be better if they brought gifts i could use, but they keep bringing me stuff none of my toons needs (either comp in question is maxed already, or nobody wants them to begin with), having to run to GTN or vendor them constantly is annoying (i just want some bloody blue metals so i can grind for purple mod patterns).
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

EcGBorn
01.17.2012 , 05:24 AM | #6
The companion gifts arent bad when your like me and only have 1 companion maxed out.

But I'd like to see more missions based on your alignments, most of the time I have 2 light side missions and 4 dark side missions and that makes leveling it a little frustrating at times.

dannythefool
01.17.2012 , 05:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EcGBorn View Post
But I'd like to see more missions based on your alignments, most of the time I have 2 light side missions and 4 dark side missions and that makes leveling it a little frustrating at times.
Actually that would make a lot of sense... why would my Light V or IV characters even think about doing dark side missions?

Anahka
01.17.2012 , 05:38 AM | #8
Zoning in/out your ship (or zoning in general but ship is faster) re-populates the list. I have Treasure Hunting maxed and usually have 4 out of 5 missions for companion gifts. Which I don't care about.

Also; I've never seen anything else over "Abundant" and that's rare at best, most of the time it's "Moderate". Is that normal? Just companion gifts are "Rich".

Kanana
01.17.2012 , 06:11 AM | #9
There are rich missons for metal, I usually only do those now that I have maxed underworld.

Silversable
01.17.2012 , 06:13 AM | #10
Do not forget that you can get schematics out of those gift missions. So, unless you already have everything the profession can give, it's not over yet, strictly speaking.

Second, while you might have maxed out all your companions, not everyone has, so giving (to guildmates) / selling (to others) those gifts might net you something.

Third, if you're an altoholic, funneling the gifts you do not need to your rerolls might allow you to focus on different crew skills.

I have not checked the refresh conditions. I know that it is not periodic, rather triggered, but
- I did not check the trigger,
- I am not sure that, if your list is full, triggering a refresh does anything. AFAIK, you need to have a "free slot" to see some change, but I might be wrong.