Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So still no NPC stealth detection fix?

Darth_Rahlik
01.27.2012 , 02:26 AM | #11
I would also like a solution to this problem.

I have no problem that bosses can see stealthed people at exactly the same range as unstealthed but not FURTHER away. *pouts*

I am an assassin and when i exit stealth I have a bonus to my force regeneration for 6 seconds (or something) which really makes me want to attack from stealth.
// Anders @ Gothenburg
Please let me map § and ctrl+a - Please give us dual spec!
SW:ToR is the best MMO ever and the first that can be played Solo.
For heaven sake! SWTOR native on Mac!!!!

Amaradaichi
01.29.2012 , 11:06 PM | #12
Little bump, plus i know this problem as well, had it yesterday. Hope we'll get an answer to that as well.
Guild

SQUADRON950A

OmenQ
01.30.2012 , 12:39 PM | #13
I ran into this last night. My brother was playing a Deception Assassin and kept aggroing mobs too early. I remembered reading about that issue here on the forums and he stopped using his stealth. Of course, that meant he was far less effective and he's decided to respec as a Tankassin for a while.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Avrose
01.30.2012 , 12:46 PM | #14
A good example of this is the second last boss for boarding party Imp side. the corridor leading up to the boss is an L shape that opens up in the room the 3 jedi are in. The Jedi are in the middle of the room so they are quite far away.

If I stand outside of the room in the hallway in stealth I can pull the boss who then resets when he hits the hall way(sometimes).

I have to be out of line of sight.
"Yes… and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains?."
―Kreia

Cythereal
01.30.2012 , 05:22 PM | #15
I've also seen a couple of Strong-level mobs in leveling content do this. Talz Commandos on Hoth and Jedi Champions on Ilum to name two.

Sylleks
03.10.2012 , 01:46 AM | #16
I think it's pretty lame, trying to be a scoundrel, if I accidentally get too close, I can ruin our pull, but it also means that getting off shoot first is more difficult, which makes me worse, plus, when trying to do solo quests and an enemy has it, using the excuse of stopping me sneaking past is totally not true, it's more to make me have to engage enemies without using CC or an opener and therefore I get screwed over royally when there's two more powerful enemies.

PostalTwinkie
03.10.2012 , 02:08 AM | #17
I too can confirm this with my Operative, makes FP and such extremely frustrating.
Quote: Originally Posted by Blavatsky View Post
Problems of the First World.

"My Video Game Dev implements improvements to my gaming experience in a clandestine manner , this is costing me virtual money "

NRieh
03.10.2012 , 02:15 AM | #18
Quote:
Yeah try doing one of the Ilum quest series with scoundrel....
Just annoyingly frustrating....
THIS.

I did this chain few days ago, and I was even trying to find out on a class forum - is it just me or were those missions REALLY designed to be done non-stealth only.

As a sawbones I never stealthed in FP much (unless tranq was needed), but I had most of solo content (and some solo 2+) stealthy-style, without having much problems. And Illum's sith lady& prison just got me insane. I wiped about 10 times trying to figure out what was I doing wrong and how to CC and\or sneak\avoid detectors. Then I had to go bruteforce and just clear them all out pack by pack. It's healable, and it's possible, but I felt myself like a non-stealthy bloodthirsty trooper. Being able to stealth-solo lv50 2+ on Corellia and wiping on a regular chain mission, really?..

Shinybum
03.10.2012 , 04:58 AM | #19
I've had it on Ilum in the First Strike mission, when I try to infiltrate the camp. Wrote it off as Ilum being a bunch of (ahem) in the first place - hadn't twigged it as a bug.

OmenQ
03.15.2012 , 09:03 AM | #20
The bug definitely persists. I noticed it on my Jedi Shadow during the Esseles. Though it wasn't critical in that situation, as we easily cleared the mobs, the boss targeted me as soon as I went into stealth.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>