Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi

BrandonSM
01.16.2012 , 05:37 PM | #1
Curious what is everyones opinion for the top 10 most powerful Sith and Jedi.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

AngelousWang
01.16.2012 , 05:57 PM | #2
1. Darth Sidious.
2. Darth Vitiate. (SWTOR new addition).
3. Darth Nihilus
4. Darth Vader.
5. Wrath of the Emperor (SWTOR new addition).
6. Marka Ragnos
7. Darth Sion.
8. Darth Bane.
9. Naga Sadow.
10. Darth Nox (SWTOR new addition).

1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Anakin Skywalker.
3. Yoda.
4. Unnamed Jedi Knight Hero (SWTOR new addition).
5. Unnamed Jedi Consular Hero (SWTOR new addition).
6. Reborn Revan (during KOTOR Revan).
7. Kyle Katarn.
8. Mace Windu.
9. Ben Kenobi
10. Jedi Exile.
CE VIP

LrdStryfe
01.16.2012 , 06:07 PM | #3
Darth Bane deserves definitely a top 5 spot, not 8.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

GlowRage
01.16.2012 , 06:13 PM | #4
Shouldn't Darth Vader be number one? I mean he is the only Sith who made a guy totally disintegrate with his lightsaber.
- System specs
- Hilarious catch phrase
"Deep philosophical quote"

puzzlemaniak
01.16.2012 , 06:19 PM | #5
Vader was weak, Palpatine enslaved him as easy as Jabba his Twi'lek dancers. Sith list should have persons like Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd tho.

AngelousWang
01.16.2012 , 06:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdStryfe View Post
Darth Bane deserves definitely a top 5 spot, not 8.
Darth Bane very influential and most knowledgeable Sith, but I wouldn't consider him that powerful really.

Sidious/Vitiate/Nihilus are all pretty much the Darkside itself in human form. But Sidious is more knowledgeable the Vitiate, and Vitiate more than Nihilus. Hence the top 3 ranks.

Vader is only 20% weaker than Sidious.

Wrath of the Emperor is stronger than Bara's who was stronger than the Voice of the Emperor. And he is pretty much Vader in every other way, so I would guess he is meant to be on par with Vader.

Ragnos was strong powerful to live and rule and Empire almost as big as the SWTOR SIth Empire, for over 100+ years and only died of old age (almost unbelievable for a Sith).

Sion is Immortal and can only die if he gives up on living.

Bane just isn't OP'ed enough to take any of them.
CE VIP

mutee
01.16.2012 , 06:24 PM | #7
Luke the most powerful jedi? What?

LrdStryfe
01.16.2012 , 06:30 PM | #8
Power has more to do than just being able to kill someone with your lightsaber. If we're talking about the ranking list by who could kill who, then knock off Darth Bane and put in Zannah since she struck him down.

Darth Bane gets my vote due to his power of manipulation, and in Sith Sorcery. He manipulated the Brotherhood of Darkness into their own destruction, and even when Darth Zannah struck him down, he still cast his soul into her.

Bane was probably one of the best swordsmen of that time. There's no doubt he would have defeated Zannah had it not been for her spells.

Bane no doubt could have killed Vader, too. Vader was definitely not 20% less powerful than Sidious. Maybe before his duel with Obi-Wan, but after that he was only a fraction of what he had been. He had to use the force to help himself walk around in his suit.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

EvanSnowWolf
01.16.2012 , 06:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
1. Darth Sidious.
2. Darth Vitiate. (SWTOR new addition).
3. Darth Nihilus
4. Darth Vader.
5. Wrath of the Emperor (SWTOR new addition).
6. Marka Ragnos
7. Darth Sion.
8. Darth Bane.
9. Naga Sadow.
10. Darth Nox (SWTOR new addition).

1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Anakin Skywalker.
3. Yoda.
4. Unnamed Jedi Knight Hero (SWTOR new addition).
5. Unnamed Jedi Consular Hero (SWTOR new addition).
6. Reborn Revan (during KOTOR Revan).
7. Kyle Katarn.
8. Mace Windu.
9. Ben Kenobi
10. Jedi Exile.

Thank you so much for what looks like a fair list and not stoking the egos of the Revan fanboys.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

EvilChookie
01.16.2012 , 06:42 PM | #10
No Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus in either list?

I can probably understand Darth Caedus not appearing in the Sith List, but Jacen Solo was noted as quite possibly the most powerful Jedi alongside (and in some other ways, ahead of) Luke Skywalker.

Also not sure that Yoda would be on top of Anakin - Yoda's got 900 years on Anakin, surely that must count for something?