Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why don't Marauders Have Force Pull?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Why don't Marauders Have Force Pull?

KonohaFlash
01.16.2012 , 05:01 PM | #1
Hey guys, There is something that has been bugging me since I started playing this game since release.

Throughout my experience of leveling to my current point(42) I've noticed that it feels like there is something missing in the marauders arsenal.
However, It didn't come to mind until today, when my sith sorceror friend told me to come check out this new skill he got. Apparently he got Force Pull and began to use it on me, much to my surprise.
He was literally laughing at how awesome it was and how weird it was that sorcerer's got it when he already has enough abilities to stun enemies and slow down their movement and now he can bring the enemy to him?

Does this bother anyone else? I did some reading and I found out that we had Force pull in the beta but it was removed from release? This really doesn't make sense to me at all.

Our cousin,the Juggernaut, has force push in their arsenal which helps them yet Marauders can't pull their enemies towards them?
It really doesn't seem to make sense to me that a ranged class would need to pull and not push their enemies away while melee push their enemies except for Marauders.

I thought Sith warrior's were supposed to be lightsaber and force users, but the only reliable force skills I have a scream(great) and Choke which basically leaves me like a sitting duck to get ganked in PvP, It's only really useful in huttball(flames) and with Rage SMASH!

What do you think? Are the skills correctly in place with the classes that utilize them?

mastersloup
01.16.2012 , 05:06 PM | #2
We don't get force push/force pull because that would make sense.

You don't actually think the devs are playing their own game do you?

FeeFiFoFum
01.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #3
A good point, I would absolutely LOVE force pull or push for a few reasons. Force Pull the obvious, we are melee, bring someone to you, melee them, profit. Force push while may sound ridiculous for marauders and juggs for that matter still can set you up to charge or obliterate. For both, would give us a needed tool for environment play, ie, cliffs, fire, acid etc, that we miss and team play (pull team to you). IMO, move force push to SW skill, would truly make my day, although i can see why we would have had pull, i think push would compliment better by setting up other skills without running away and then charging. But then we may have too many interrupts...? Or better yet, after the choke duration, throw the opponent in a certain direction, like movies/cutscenes, THAT would be baddddddd***.

ChaeTakbae
01.16.2012 , 05:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mastersloup View Post
We don't get force push/force pull because that would make sense.

You don't actually think the devs are playing their own game do you?
This, the Sith Warrior's Trademark is Force Pull/Push and Hoods however we don't get any because that would make sense.

ReFlexionn
01.16.2012 , 05:58 PM | #5
we do get force push...in cut scenes, PAY ATTENTIONS NOOBS!
Baka ka omae wa?

KonohaFlash
01.16.2012 , 06:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ReFlexionn View Post
we do get force push...in cut scenes, PAY ATTENTIONS NOOBS!
Lmao. Now that you mention it, I do remember see a few cutscenes where force push was used. I think it's just a matter of laziness though, because we don't even use two lightsabers in cutscenes. They probably just used the Juggy mo-cap for our cutscenes as well.

Still, I think Pull would be much more proper for Marauders, especially rage. Pulling and using smash with full stacks of shock wave would be awesome!

saminaobx
01.16.2012 , 06:47 PM | #7
Force pull would be the biggest godsend to maruders we could ask for, so ofc we won't get it.

MasterRelin
01.16.2012 , 07:15 PM | #8
I would love to have Force Pull as a Marauder, but I don't think its ever going to happen. Why? Because we used to have Force Pull back in beta, it was taken away and given to JC/SI. That is if I'm not mistaken

AnubisXy
01.16.2012 , 10:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KonohaFlash View Post
He was literally laughing at how awesome it was and how weird it was that sorcerer's got it when he already has enough abilities to stun enemies and slow down their movement and now he can bring the enemy to him?
Err no. The Sith Sorcerer pull only works on allied units - it grabs a friendly player or mob and it pulls it next to them. Sorcerers use it to pull allies out of dangerous situations. It doesn't work on enemies.

Assassins though have a talented Force Pull deep in their tanking tree.
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

Morgha
01.16.2012 , 11:00 PM | #10
Id trade crippling slash/savage kick/pommel strike for a force pull or push.

Also an arm and a leg.
Killer: 73% | Achiever: 60% | Socializer: 40% | Explorer: 27%