Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is TOR done growing?

CommieKras
01.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by djsmileey View Post
By that logic..

Wow sold a lot of units opening week. It's doing great right?

Call of duty sold a lot of units opening week. It's doing great right?

Swtor sold a lot of units opening week.

Tor will follow.

By the logic..
Your denial is showing. WoW is an outlier as far as MMOs go and Call of Duty isn't even an MMO.

Quote me if you like: TOR is just a more expensive Warhammer. The Titanic has set sail again but under a different name.
YOU WANT PRAY GOOD GAME? NO. END OF LINE. DING DONG BANNU.

Barracudastr
01.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dileptor View Post
Does anyone know how many subs those others MMOs had right after launch? Did any of them reach 2 mil like TOR did?

I'm trying to find a precedent, since I do believe that TOR will be on decline from now on.
Tor had a huge opening sale due to it launching at christmas and it is starwars from bioware.

That is where their large sales come from.

However that means nothing once people actually get in game and experience the problems and the community.

Further more will they be able to retaind subs on a dated game engine with bad customer service when the new gen mmo's hit this year? I am guessing probably not.

They will maintain a loyal but small fanbase like every failed mmo out there does.

Ryzerion
01.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
They did something right. Even the people who say they don't like the game can't move on to anything else and keep posting about SWTOR.
Bioware plus Star Wars IP was doing something right.

In all due respect this happens in every MMORPG, people act like hating an mmo is new.

windzro
01.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterShake View Post
You can say that after the 20th. I believe TOR will lose upwards of 300k subs in a few days. And then, if they haven't fixed the combat responsiveness, another 1-200k the next month.

This stills leaves a mighty large playerbase, don't get me wrong. TOR will do fine. It's just done GROWING.

where did you get your figures of 300k in a few days and 1-200k next month....just asking.....

senshi
01.16.2012 , 05:09 PM | #25
You would like growth, and I think it will, but what you really want is consistency. Every MMO has people quit everyday but new subs and resubs take the place of those who quit. Look at WOW, people have been quitting that game for years but new or old blood comes in to take their place. I also do not agree that anyone who had any interest would have already bought the game, those that had extreme interest have already bought the game and that is it.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -- Abraham Lincoln

Boomer! Sooner!

CommieKras
01.16.2012 , 05:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryzerion View Post
Bioware plus Star Wars IP was doing something right.
Not really. Obsidian made a better Kotor than BioWare did.
YOU WANT PRAY GOOD GAME? NO. END OF LINE. DING DONG BANNU.

djsmileey
01.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CommieKras View Post
Your denial is showing. WoW is an outlier as far as MMOs go and Call of Duty isn't even an MMO.

Quote me if you like: TOR is just a more expensive Warhammer. The Titanic has set sail again but under a different name.

You clearly missed my point.

Those games have nothing to do with each other, but somehow they determine the success of another game.

You used the failure of other games to predict this games. I used the success of my games to show the success of tor.

My point is that the LOGIC IS FLAWED.

It was called sarcasm.
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

Kalfear
01.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Papazooki View Post
The game will have a BIG decline on the 20th, will it grow afterwards? Doubtful.
half right

The game will have a big declice on the 20th

Long as its not over 50%, thats pretty much acceptable!

However, the game will then RISE (not decline) for the next 6-12 months.

The fall off will happen after the first expansion. If its lack luster and some key stuff havent been addressed in game, thats when TOR will start to see a steady decline!

This is NOT SWG

There is not going to be a 70% drop after the first month, rising to 80% by month 3.

The game is far better then that and will not suffer that same fate.

Im not saying in 2-3 years TOR doesnt go F2P because of low subscriptions.
Bioware and EA made allot of dumb choices that will effect them in the long run, thats on them and them alone.
But this game is more then strong enough and addictive enough to remain strong for the first year.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

JediMasterShake
01.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Dileptor View Post
Does anyone know how many subs those others MMOs had right after launch? Did any of them reach 2 mil like TOR did?

I'm trying to find a precedent, since I do believe that TOR will be on decline from now on.

WAR sold about 800k boxes in the first month - totally failed. Conan about 700k, same thing. They both basically totally failed within 3 months. Same order of magnitude, but TOR is definitely bigger, for sure. And this big difference is that there are a lot more devoted fans of the IP (star wars fans/bioware fans) that will keep this game well afloat.

I'd say 700k to 1 mil subs are not going ANYWHERE in the first 6 months. They will stick through it no matter what, even if the game was cursing at them and calling their mother names. But as for the other 1 mil, those people just want a great game, and I think they'll find it elsewhere.
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake that <bleep> will make, is what you get for messin' with
Master Shake.

Ryzerion
01.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CommieKras View Post
Not really. Obsidian made a better Kotor than BioWare did.
That's my point lmao.

But far as drawing in numbers and what not that's what they did right lol.