Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when can I actually see where to position Soa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So when can I actually see where to position Soa?

TaxmanBob
01.16.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1
When will the camera be fixed so I can actually see where the pylons are during the Soa fight? I fact that I have to tweak my camera around all sorts of angles while trying to position him is ridiculous, and the camera doesn't zoom out enough to get an overhead view of the pylon/Soa. If you can put an icon on the minimap of the huttball, can't you please do it for the pylon? This fight is lost constantly becuase the pylons coming out was very badly designed.

Cognan
01.16.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
You can actually see where to position Soa when you go into your preference and increase the max camera distance....

Tomidius
01.16.2012 , 02:49 PM | #3
agreed, its hard

Tomidius
01.16.2012 , 02:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognan View Post
You can actually see where to position Soa when you go into your preference and increase the max camera distance....
Im Max on a 26" wide screen it doesnt help.

Have you actually positioned him Cognan?

TaxmanBob
01.16.2012 , 03:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cognan View Post
I knew someone would say that.

Sorry, I've got camera at 100% and it the camera doesn't go above the pylon an soa. In fact, it barely gets above soa.

Rynoh
01.16.2012 , 05:01 PM | #6
100% agree, it's not a big deal with pylon comes out but when it sits there and hovers on an edge you can't see anything. I'm constantly trying to change the angle of the camera to allways be viewing it from the middle of the room but it's still a pain in the arse.

Avia
01.16.2012 , 05:26 PM | #7
Both our tanks seem to have learned it by the time we got him down in normal, haven't had issues on it in a few weeks... perhaps you shouldn't ask to be handheld and just use the tools given to you?

TaxmanBob
01.16.2012 , 09:24 PM | #8
Avia, there is a difference between something being difficult because it was designed that was and something being difficult because t was designed poorly. Thus fight isn't hard like hitting a home run, it's hard like hitting a double with a broken wrist.

Blutelf
01.16.2012 , 09:49 PM | #9
Ahahah how cute he thinks his normal experience is relevant. Try hard mode, cutiepie.

The fight is absolute ******** without being able to see accurately where the stupid pylon stops. It travels to one of six predetermined points, but since you can't see that stupid thing unless you squeeze the camera all the way to the ground, and you have no depth perception on a monitor, it really does not help very much. And you have to position Soa underneath, too, not just yourself.

It's dumb as hell. You can barely catch the pylon at max camera distance looking straight down on yourself and only if you happen to be just underneath it.

Anundir
01.17.2012 , 12:27 AM | #10
This is my main problem with this fight as well. Trying to keep agro, help manage the raid, dodge lightning balls and see these stupid pylons. I can't seem to figure out a decent strategy for placing SOA under thiese things without flattening myself in the process thanks to the camera angles. They need to put a shadow (or at the minimum a circle) under the pylon to help the tanks position him.