Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maul

Terin
01.16.2012 , 11:03 PM | #21
I'm not gonna pretend Darth Maul was some super-amazing villain, but I really would've like to have seen him (as well as Qui-gon) make it to the second movie, and given more personality. Count Dooku (worst name ever, btw) just didn't cut it, whereas Darth Maul at least had a lot of presence.

Give him some interesting, spiteful or sarcastic dialogue (similar to this game's Sith Inquisitor), and more screen-time. Make him someone we actually *want* to see defeated, rather than the glorious warrior who introduced us to the amazing Lightsaber-duels!

WaywardSith
01.17.2012 , 02:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
I'm not gonna pretend Darth Maul was some super-amazing villain, but I really would've like to have seen him (as well as Qui-gon) make it to the second movie, and given more personality. Count Dooku (worst name ever, btw) just didn't cut it, whereas Darth Maul at least had a lot of presence.

Give him some interesting, spiteful or sarcastic dialogue (similar to this game's Sith Inquisitor), and more screen-time. Make him someone we actually *want* to see defeated, rather than the glorious warrior who introduced us to the amazing Lightsaber-duels!
I'd actually have to agree, however that's when I went to novels and Graphic Novels to see more of him :P
Lacai ~ lvl 50 Tanksin | Polakov ~ lvl 50 Op Healer | Bl'y ~ lvl 50 Commando DPS main spec, heal off spec

Acheilus
01.17.2012 , 02:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Its meh...don't know why they brought him back like Brandon said I mean we all know hes gonna die again so...why bring him back at all?
That's like saying why watch the prequels, we all known Anakin will become Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan will survive.

DNA_Cowboy
01.17.2012 , 03:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Acheilus View Post
That's like saying why watch the prequels, we all known Anakin will become Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan will survive.
Not the real reason for many not wanting to watch the prequels
"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2012 , 03:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Acheilus View Post
Not really seeing as Anakin and Obi-Wan are important characters, whereas Maul isn't hes just there just to be there.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

smartalectwo
01.17.2012 , 04:50 PM | #26
I have a soft spot for Maul. He's one of the coolest things in the Prequels, possibly because he's used so sparingly. We don't get Maul overexposure. A poster above is right, he is the Boba Fett of the Prequels - a name, a gravelly voice, an image, an unfortunate death and a lingering presence.

The Ep 1 novelisation made me appreciate him more, however. With his devotion to the Sith, his 'messianic' hatred for the Jedi and his focus and self-possession, Maul could arguably be the template for the Sith Lords of SWTOR. While Vader and Palpatine are unusual and exceptional in many ways, Maul'd blend right in.

I think the one thing we see Maul really do - engaging Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and, after a minute or so of analysing their fighting styles, luring them onto terrain where their acrobatic style of lightsaber combat is hampered - is one of the smartest practical things anyone does in the prequel trilogy at all. Makes him seem smarter than the 'master of positioning and leverage', Dooku, anyway.
There is no try.