Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper AoE damage?

CleatELITE
12.14.2011 , 11:31 AM | #1
Basically I want to make a class with high survivability, so I thought trooper. BUT I also want to pull a lot of mobs at once and then kill them off easily, with good AoE DPS and keeping agro. to do this which would be the best AC and spec to choose?
Thanks guys

hadoken
12.14.2011 , 11:32 AM | #2
Either really, both have some great basic AE abilities (pulse round, mortars) and each spec has more AE options as well (hail of bolts, explosive shields, etc).

CleatELITE
12.14.2011 , 11:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Either really, both have some great basic AE abilities (pulse round, mortars) and each spec has more AE options as well (hail of bolts, explosive shields, etc).
So I could go a Trooper Vanguard and still deal out high AoE damage if spec'd right?

loblig
12.14.2011 , 11:35 AM | #4
i played the Commando ac at beta and i loved it...
As you probebly know commando dont get the defence that the vanguard does but the Commando does heavy aoe dmg, just to mention some aoes, mortal volley (knows down weak and standar enemys, witch is eatremley use full vs bigg packs of mobs) and hail of bolts (a casual aoe that looks *********** ******)

Dunnik
12.14.2011 , 11:35 AM | #5
You can tank with great AoE threat as a Vanguard.

Or you can DPS with great AoE damage as a Commando.

Not both.
Beta Squadron 367
Staff Writer, www.republictrooper.com

hadoken
12.14.2011 , 11:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CleatELITE View Post
So I could go a Trooper Vanguard and still deal out high AoE damage if spec'd right?
Absolutely, I'd argue that the Vanguard is the 'ae tank' of the bunch. And you can just use the ammo type that grants more damage in lieu of the tank one for your solo work.

Teoyaomiqui
12.14.2011 , 11:48 AM | #7
What about single target DPS as a commando, I'm currently looking for the best class for single target DPS, can commando handle that?

Teoyaomiqui
12.14.2011 , 01:20 PM | #8
What about single target DPS as a commando, I'm currently looking for the best class for single target DPS, can commando handle that?

Rafkin
12.14.2011 , 01:22 PM | #9
Live feed trooper playing right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/thefeelofcotton