PVP Arsenal/Pyro Spec (0/16/25)

NissaNissa

So I've been playing around with hybrid builds for a Merc:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300ZMIkrRMzkzZfGMbzh.1

The idea behind this build is to find a way to utilize tracer missile to have amazing single-target DPS, while still being able to dish out large amounts of damage on the run. Here are some main points:

1) Spam tracer missile. The main stat you want for this is alacrity (I know). The idea is that you get two tracer missiles off as quickly as possible, then use incendiary missiles, combustible gas cylinder, rapid shots, and whatever as you move around and position yourself for another barrage.

2) Ultra rail shots. This build is optimized for massive rail shot usage, with three points in prototype particle accelerator even though you're not going to be using power shot.

This build probably isn't optimal for pure damage output, and it doesn't have much utility. I think the main benefit is that it allows you to do immense single-target dps and have enough mobility to stay alive to capture objectives.

I tend to PvP more and run with a nearly similar build - I'm trying this build at the moment: (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMIk0RrzZfhbrzG.1) and I find it decent.

I'll find myself heat locked at times @ 35& crit however. With PvE it's just been to hard to judge without meters to see how effective rolling CGC is.

Edited by Zhaos

PvP. I was juggling between my build and your build, basically. I decided that unload, while it does a lot of damage with those extra talents, requires you to stand in place, and if you're standing in place you should be using tracer missile. Also, that extra 30% damage to rail shot is nice, but only after 5 tracer stacks which you'll rarely get off.

Problem with Unload is that it's Ranged damage and kinetic. You'll find that a lot of classes (Tanks/Heavies) have abilities that proc shields off of ranged attacks AND a high standard Armor Rating which reduces kinetic damage.

Missiles and rail shot on the other hand are Tech based which won't proc those shields and also get a nice Tier 1 crit buff in the Bodyguard tree.

If you guys wanna do crazy dmg in pvp, ditch arsenal. I'm pyro and alwasy seem to get double the amount of damage all the arsenal players get in warzones. I go incendiary missile, rail, thermal, thermal sensor (if available), power surge (if available), fusion missle, and unload. In short, the thermal and fusion hit at the same time, and it's a HUGE hit! On top of that you have to dot going from the incendiary missile and fusion. After the combo, you'll notice you've drained a significant amount of their life. If I have rail, i'll hit them with that again, but I'll always try to get a few rapid shots in too to apply the consumable gas dot. Most of the time, I'll actually try to rapid shot them before hand if their not targeting me.

i have been playing merc pyro for the past week or so after being completely bored with arsenal. the only thing i miss is that i dont get the reduced knockback cd and the knockback from rocket punch.

what i like most is that i do find myself doing a lot more damage and very little casting. i am so much more mobile. def try full pyro if you have not yet.

This is a pretty cool looking build and I am definitely gonna try it. One suggestion I would make is to lose 1 point in EITHER Target Tracking or Custom Enviro Suit in order to pick up the second point in Pinning Fire.

Target Tracket is less useful since you don't have heatseekers, and custom enviro is Meh overall, so losing a point in one of these to get %100 snare chance would be better imo.

I am interested to know if the snare you would get from combustible gas and Unload would stack... I know snares from multiple players can stack and can cause 100% snare. This would be pretty powerful if it were the case.

PvP. I was juggling between my build and your build, basically. I decided that unload, while it does a lot of damage with those extra talents, requires you to stand in place, and if you're standing in place you should be using tracer missile. Also, that extra 30% damage to rail shot is nice, but only after 5 tracer stacks which you'll rarely get off.

i respectufully disagree, unload is way better dps than tracer, tracer is used for SURE to get the 5 stack on them and 2 5 stacks on you, and to refresh timers but unload is the bread, tracer is the butter.

Honestly all of our 31 point abilities are so good i dont think its possible to use a build without going atleast 31 points into 1 tree

Not only that but Rain of Fire, Firebug and Burnout are too important to pyro to pass up. Ofc that's just my opinion.

How is unload > tracer..... No cool down and I land tracer crits for more then 2.4k all the time?? And you pump out 2:1 in cast time. Not saying unload isn't good its very good and is in my rotation!

This does seem like it could be a decent build because you get incendiary + tracer But the above poster is right... Thermal detonator and Heatseeker is priority you have to have one or the other..