Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Census Class Division

DaniWes
01.16.2012 , 12:05 PM | #1
Since I knew that the highest amount of people played sorcerers, I started to wonder: How big is that amount exactly?

So over the past week I've been scanning the total amount of level 50's online, at any given and random time, to get the most reliable and true figure.
This is taken from the EU PVP Bloodworthy server, Imperial side.

Here's the result:

Juggernaut 14,16%
Marauder 10,03%
Assassin 16,09%
Sorcerer 23,81%
Powertech 7,71%
Mercenary 15,00%
Operative 8,23%
Sniper 4,97%

I didn't make this post with any real purpose in mind, but I figure there's plenty of people who find this interesting.
Played WoW for 5 years, SWG for 3 years, Rift for 6 months, AoC for 4 months, Aion for 2 months, Sorc Wars The Old Republic for 2 months.
Class Division in SWTOR

IronFirewind
01.17.2012 , 06:48 AM | #2
Shame you can't break it down by spec. I know for a fact that Heal Spec Sorc and Tank Spec Juggers are very popular for both PvE and PvP. On my server I also notice a lot of heal spec Mercs running around.

That said I don't see many tank spec Assassins or Operatives in general.
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

Louka
01.17.2012 , 07:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by IronFirewind View Post
Shame you can't break it down by spec. I know for a fact that Heal Spec Sorc and Tank Spec Juggers are very popular for both PvE and PvP. On my server I also notice a lot of heal spec Mercs running around.

That said I don't see many tank spec Assassins or Operatives in general.
The best operatives are the ones you don't see.

iceih
01.17.2012 , 08:00 AM | #4
I think sorcerer (I m sorcerer lvl20) is easier to play, due to the heals you can solo almost everything easilly, so it may explain why there are more sorcerers lvl50, just because they leveled faster. Besides they have very good at DPS too, so even if you are not the healer kind of player you can play it.

JawaJedifivefour
01.17.2012 , 08:06 AM | #5
That list looks pretty damn accurate from my personal experience and im willing to bet the Repub side is pretty close to the same(the jedi knight classes bump into the sage numbers though).

areto
01.17.2012 , 08:08 AM | #6
Some other guy posted some numbers the other day and they more or less match up exactly with yours.

mayrc
01.17.2012 , 11:27 AM | #7
Sorcerer is the most played class because its the most allround hard hitting class.
Especialy the healer sorcs...... while they are simply the very best healers both in numbers and resource efficiency. They still pack a faar too great punch.
On a 1on1 against a healer sorc you will loose most times. To stand any chance you need a insane amount of burst damage..... (probably the only class getting a reasonable chance ist a operative with stealth/burst spec).

Every one else will get frustratet by beating down a sorc just to see them Stun you, force speed away, heal up full in seconds and then beat the crap out of you.

ticklefist
01.17.2012 , 11:31 AM | #8
I am the 5%.

BubbleDncr
01.17.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
I am the 5%.
Me too.