Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Name unavailable, please choose another.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Name unavailable, please choose another.

Gruug
12.13.2011 , 08:26 AM | #11
Wait wait wait....you say you "locked up your name"....what? You have to be in the character creator to create your name and if you don't create your character then...the name is still "open" for use. You can not "lock" your name and NOT create a character.

Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.

Githmogwai
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #12
Who cares it is just a bloody name, no one will care when they gank you.
"Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"

Gigabix
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #13
If the name in question was Jaffacakejedi, it was me, sorry.

Yomat
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #14
I deleted and re-created the same character 3 times in 5min without any delay after picking the same name again.

1st time - reserve name
2nd time - created character... voice/body shape didn't fit my mental image of him.
3rd time - created character with more fitting appearance.

Each time I spent less than 2min between deleting the character and re-creating him.

This doesn't mean the above posters aren't correct, but the delay may not be very long.

bigoldbear
12.13.2011 , 08:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNybble View Post
I hear ya. RP folks need/want a specific name and it really causes problems if they can't create it. There seem to only be 5 or 6 RP servers. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my name is still available when I get in.
Gosh, otherwise you'll just have to use your imagination...

AsinineTangent
12.13.2011 , 08:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Yomat View Post
I deleted and re-created the same character 3 times in 5min without any delay after picking the same name again.

1st time - reserve name
2nd time - created character... voice/body shape didn't fit my mental image of him.
3rd time - created character with more fitting appearance.

Each time I spent less than 2min between deleting the character and re-creating him.

This doesn't mean the above posters aren't correct, but the delay may not be very long.
If the delay is not by design it will probably never be consistent. In my case, it wasn't particularly long. Maybe 5-10 minutes?

xneoxxx
12.13.2011 , 08:32 AM | #17
HAHAH check out this guy, he made a video abotu swtor EGA hahaha hes angry!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDZ0kTI2Uw

chrisftw
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #18
are you demanding that your name be made available i don't get it. usually name unavailable simply means what it means. somebody is using the name.
Tell me more Brotholomew.

AsinineTangent
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
are you demanding that your name be made available i don't get it. usually name unavailable simply means what it means. somebody is using the name.
It's a very short post. You should have read it.

Prosper
12.13.2011 , 08:34 AM | #20
I was afraid of this. That's why I wrote down the creation to my character in beta. Hopefully the create character options havent been switched around like they were from beta to beta. If everything goes well I can create my character very quickly the right way the first time.
-= SHADES OF THE FORCE =-
The Grey Jedi Guild