SOA Hard mode, lightening balls hitting 3* harder than it should?

so my guild are currently working on soa hard mode (like many other guilds id imagine) after watching a few videos from an MT perspective, i noticed that he was blowing up the orbs and eating their damage, and somehow only taking like 2k health loss - the orbs that we're against hurt for like 8k or something, what gives?

basically im asking, are the orbs we're facing how they're "supposed to be" or do we have some kind of bug where the orbs hit for much more than they're supposed to?

Edited by Tohrazer

The orbs do indeed hurder in hardmode, but is it harder then it should be.. not to sure about that... if they just fixed the bad design + bugs i imagine it would be fine..

Biggest issue is the lack of targets target bar.. its complete facepalm that they made 2 encounters that so obviously NEED it.

If you're doing Soa HM, your healers should be critting 5k heals regularly so even if hit it's not a huge problem. Ours are ~40% crit rate.

If your tank is a Jugg, I think you need to play around with Unstoppable and Invincible for the strat you're talking about.

gl

im basically unsure if we're doing something wrong and they're hitting harder than intended, or all these "hard mode" vids with balls hitting for less than 3k are fake

Yeah im wondering the same thing, watching the videos people are getting hit for a lot less than we do.

Who's perspective are you watching from? A tank or player may have abilities that reduce AOE damage to them, or are wearing heavy armor which will significantly reduce the amount of damage taken to them.

A lightning ball's non explosion tic would hit me for about 5.5k, where as the tank or an assassin with reduced aoe damage was only taking 3k. So its quite a big difference.

We were also working on him last night, and we found it better for p2 to bubble and eat the explosions so we could control them more.

Who's perspective are you watching from? A tank or player may have abilities that reduce AOE damage to them, or are wearing heavy armor which will significantly reduce the amount of damage taken to them.

A lightning ball's non explosion tic would hit me for about 5.5k, where as the tank or an assassin with reduced aoe damage was only taking 3k. So its quite a big difference.

We were also working on him last night, and we found it better for p2 to bubble and eat the explosions so we could control them more.

Yeah we were experiencing 6k+ hits on people, but you might be right about the tank vs the rest comment.

We tried 8man HM last night, people with 15k HP were getting oneshot by the balls. Tank with 20k also got oneshot.

Something is up with this fight. Hope it gets fixed tomorrow.

Lightning balls do not 1shot, it just means they are taking too long to run into the center of the ball and taking AOE hits before the explosion. The AOE hits for 4000-4600 & the AOE hits for 7000-12000 on sages, the squishiest class. Tanks usually have good damage reduction and do not get hit nearly as hard.

The arc lightning from the balls hits around 6k, the explosions hit around 6k also.

There is a tactic with having shadow or other dps specced tank classes (guardian, vanguard), taunting balls and eating them and just being healed up, unfortunately we didn't roll with one so each member of our ops had to know when they had the ball and eat it.

But the explosions themselves won't kill a full hp target of 15k+, assuming you're unfortunate enough to have an arc hit and the ball explode, it;s people standing near balls and getting hit with lightning when it's not on them that kills them.

The fight itself is a buggy mess, we probably spent 20+ hours wiping on Soa and at least a quarter of the wipes were due to bugs.

If you don't have a designated taunter, best is to just make sure everyone is at full hp, which really shouldn't be too much of an issue, and when you get the balls on you pop a cd before taking them.

It's good to also note that if you just stand there and let it come to you, your gonna take 2-3* the amount of damage you have to because of the aoe static damage it puts off to people around it.

That might be why it seems to be 1 shotting people, because its doing tics of 6k before it explodes