Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game is awesome! Better than Wow!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
This game is awesome! Better than Wow!

Shadezilla
01.16.2012 , 08:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nebbycat View Post
This game is so awesome! The gameplay, graphics, custimiztion, sound, pve, pvp, UI and Story are so rad!

The Pros:

Custamization/race/character selection: Much more advanced than Wows, also alot of races to choose from.

PVE/PVP content: Much more than Wows at launch. Wow didnt even have BGs at launch and only one raid.

Story and Voice acting is top-notch.

Worlds are very nice and cool.

UI is prettty good and better than Wows.

Sound is great

GTN is much more advanced than Wows too.

Professions are more numerous and really important to the gameplay.

FPs rock!

The Cons:

Not many to list but here are a few:

No swimming

Load times could be a bit shorter.

Overall, this game will beat Wow and be the top dog by summer 2011! Around 10 million accounts!
These posts are just as stupid as the F2P next month LOLOLOLOLOLO!

The great UI and GTN? Really? To each their own I suppose.
Asani - Sorcerer / Kishira - Mercenary / Liexa - Sniper
Dead Server Refugee - Empire - Jedi Covenant (EST/PVE)

Love, like or hate the game try to remember that Opinion != Fact.

Malchiro
01.16.2012 , 08:31 AM | #12
what op did there, I saw it, but many don't.

propht
01.16.2012 , 08:31 AM | #13
0/10 troll

Medicinally
01.16.2012 , 08:53 AM | #14
A++ Would read again OP!

The last line is what really impressed me.

ishtori
01.16.2012 , 09:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dazer View Post
All this WoW bashing is getting boring....
so true
Subscription cancelled+3/10 guildies gone. Not received DD items,$20. Ability Delay "bug". High rez textures not shown. oh wait, they're only meant for, quote Stephen Reid, "ingame cinematics" (or what normal gamers/industry call CUTSCENES that happen w/ every quest NPC). So now we're playing a fully voice over AND cinematic mmo

xGETGOTx
01.16.2012 , 09:03 AM | #16
someone failed at wow...

Darklightdar
01.13.2013 , 02:56 AM | #17
It is. I'm a true veteran wow player. Wow was amazing in the glory days of 2005 to 2008. Blizzard has taken away build customization, simplified, destroyed uniqueness among race to class. Cow pally common. Pally was suppose to be an alliance thing. It's as if every logical mind left blizzard and went to work for bioware. Space is a much cooler idea especially for expantions. All in all, graphics, story, gameplay the old republic is far superior.

SithVeritas
01.13.2013 , 02:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darklightdar View Post
It is. I'm a true veteran wow player. Wow was amazing in the glory days of 2005 to 2008. Blizzard has taken away build customization, simplified, destroyed uniqueness among race to class. Cow pally common. Pally was suppose to be an alliance thing. It's as if every logical mind left blizzard and went to work for bioware. Space is a much cooler idea especially for expantions. All in all, graphics, story, gameplay the old republic is far superior.
You necro'd a year old thread.

ckoneful
01.13.2013 , 03:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SithVeritas View Post
You necro'd a year old thread.
Wish he waited 3 more days, then it could have been a year to the very day. Then it'd be a little bit funny.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

Jeweledleah
01.13.2013 , 03:57 AM | #20
funny thing is - going back to playing WoW for a bit, made me appreciate SWTOR a lot more. no lie

(and GTN is about same quality, without mods, with exception of being able to shift click an item name instead of having to manually type it in. its the mods, that give WoW's auction house an edge)

and I'm not bashing WoW, its a very decent game, and in pandaria, they made a lot of major story improvements. but it has its issues. especially at end game. artificial gating of content, just to stretch out the game is at its worst in this expansion.