Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

trouble with Defeat Borga

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
trouble with Defeat Borga

Simmin
01.16.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
I first got this quest going at level 29 or 30 cant recall. I'm now level 31, and still can not defeat him. Does anyone have a strategy or suggestions to help me out?

I'm Merc, with healing side.

I tried doing a search on this forum but really, it does no good.
Win7, AMD Phenom II Black Quad Core 3.2 Ghz, ASUS MB, 8 gigs ram, EVGA nvida GTX460

Tallbloke
01.16.2012 , 06:53 AM | #2
Is that the Gammorean you have to duel to please the Mistress of Pain?

If it is, it was tough...

I used a stim to increase aim, had some med pacs and times electro-dart and On The Hunt carefully to get in as much healing as possible.

Spam Tracer Missle as well, got 3 hits in before he reached me....

MAlqui
01.16.2012 , 07:00 AM | #3
I really don't know how people are struggling. But here's how I did it without a problem.

Get three tracers on him if possible, if not two will suffice, then just kite him with Electro Dart, Jetboost, Rocket Punch, On-the-hunt + Electro Dart again - While getting in railshots, and take the chance to stop and either cast a few moves or heal yourself.

Stand still, and you die.

saido
01.16.2012 , 07:00 AM | #4
I completed this at Level 25. I used Mako and healed heavily throughout including a stim heal. I healed Mako a few times as well. Sort of let her tank a bit to catch my breath.

Nothing unusual in the strategy -- plenty of electro dart and tracer missile.
- Saido -
Saido (Bounty Hunter) | Geden (Marauder) | Arkada (Sniper)
REIGN

ivanwfr
02.18.2012 , 12:11 PM | #5
Jetboosting Borga off the platform + jumping down myself to get two healing times did the trick ... thanks for those tips.

RikHar
02.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #6
I believe he runs at you to swing and hit you with his weapon. When he does this, try to time it and move away as he swings all the while hitting him with your attacks.

Careful with your heat, it builds up pretty fast in this fight.

SilentKitty
02.18.2012 , 11:09 PM | #7
I managed it one lvl below the q with 1 endurance stim, medpacs and Mako on dps. Armormech so both me and Mako is in all blues:s. Might make a difference. Kited him around like there's no tomorrow, Mako pulled him off me when he was about 20%. Then I threw everything I had him and that was it. A very very close fight but it worked.

Died one glorious fast death first before I went back to the nearest sickbay and got a stim and mended my gear. That time I had Mako on healer-stance but this guy hit's so hard it just wasn't enough for me.

Kiting seems to be one solution. Hope it works =)

Lord_Kjeran
03.09.2012 , 03:37 PM | #8
Yes, I was so close...tried 4 times and ~almost~had him. I kept thinking I had to go down in the pit with him. Missiling him from the platform and make him rush all the way around to me worked much better.
"A Royal Guardsman never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death."
Major Tierce, Star Wars: Specter of the Past

DarthBloodloss
03.09.2012 , 06:36 PM | #9
Its practically free to respec. Just go DPS for this fight, pwn him, and switch back.

But be careful, you might get addicted to tracers.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

MissTrips
03.10.2012 , 03:49 AM | #10
A method I used was to start off with the 4 second stun, apply fusion missle which does damage over time, rail shot, activated my 'heroic' power, which started regenning me and reset my stun. So when he came out of his stun, I hit him with the stun again and kept firing. That 8 seconds of stun at the start of the fight. Jet blasted him away when he charged and generally just kited, used my shield, medpacked when Mako was clearly not keeping up and used a few heals on myself (since I was a healspecced Merc.) Keep fusion missle up and combustable gas cylinder to keep DoTing him and rail shot whenever it's up.

And if it's still not working, get a friend or guild mate to assist. You don't *have* to solo him!
Would you like to play Pazaak?