Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware abuse warranted?

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 11:18 AM | #1
First let me start by saying my preorder is probably the back of the list so I will not be moaning about not getting in as i knew this when i purchased. There has been a lot of abuse from the forums about this staggered release and a friend of mine got in first day and says the game is very smooth and stable and the best launch he has played. I just wanted to pose the question if you could take your emotions out of your reasoning for the moment I do believe that this is an acceptable way to release a game that could have gone so wrong due to demand. I wish to open this thread to give those who still haven't got access a chance to give their positive feedback to bioware as there is way too much negative on these forums at the moment. If you feel this launch is being handled as well as could be anticipated please post your love here

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 11:19 AM | #2
bump to wade through all the negativity

rchez
12.14.2011 , 11:23 AM | #3
Well personally, i would rather play with lag or server instability than not at all. Not to mention the fact that when i finally get access, people will have 2-3 DAYS of advantage over me. unfair imo.

pudim
12.14.2011 , 11:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rchez View Post
Well personally, i would rather play with lag or server instability than not at all. Not to mention the fact that when i finally get access, people will have 2-3 DAYS of advantage over me. unfair imo.
3 days of advantage... how unfair...
This is the first game I'll play on launch, most of my other games ppl were YEARS of advantage, this is unfair

reezy_beezy
12.14.2011 , 11:27 AM | #5
Quit whining, the game isnt even released yet so what difference does it make whether or not you are playing right now?

xducktales
12.14.2011 , 11:28 AM | #6
i don't mind the wait i want a smooth experience as well imagine tho if you will if everyone got in when they wanted. you'd be unable to complete some quests and not advance due to overpopulation. this of course doesn't affect your personal instances or group instances but still you get what I'm saying. this is only for our benefit. bioware wants their launch to go as smooth as possible. just because people are used to being given everything they paid for when they pay for it these days. impatiences is an ugly thing indeed

Kotyy
12.14.2011 , 11:28 AM | #7
I just dont care :c I mean i know i did a wrong thing that i entered my key in December, and i found all this an awesome idea how to introduce people to game without server side problems like lags, crashing etc, i still love Swtor and Bioware and theyre good ideas, i only hope that this game wont get boring after month or two, after i left wow i found that i have plenty of free time that needs to be filled with some mmo D:

Devlonir
12.14.2011 , 11:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rchez View Post
This is ridicilous.. If that is really what you care about than either you will not notice anything anymore because you can only game 3-4 hours a day at most like most people with jobs and whatnot and within a week or 2 the people who can play more already have that 'advantage' on you.
Or, you are the kind of person who can play a lot more than that and will be on top of the same curve within the first few weeks as well.

This is the internet, there is always someone with less of a life than you. So you can never expect to be top of the curve unless you spend your entire days on SWTOR. And if you do that, youll be top of the curve soon enough anyway.

Cry your nerdrage tears somewhere else.

Thank you so much for the positive post OP. Just felt you deserved a better response than the one you got.

Catchmeifucan
12.14.2011 , 11:30 AM | #9
Welcome to the mmo community.

Bioware flame proof jackets will be available in the on site store soon.

MetalGenocide
12.14.2011 , 11:31 AM | #10
Exactly. I have no probs waiting myself either.

I'll get in when I get in.

The QQ should only start AFTER the 20th and the product codes are needed but the products themselves have not arrived.
And even then, the most you lose is 5-6 days of the free game time you get anyway, which BW could probably give you back IF it is indeed lost (which i doubt as it should be tied to when you input the product code).

I fear patience is a virtue lost to much of mankind

Besides, its Christmas, spend it with the other strangers in the house.
Using 'Go-fast' stickers on my Lightsaber's increased my Alacrity Rating by point oh-oh-oh-oh eight percent!