Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do we have to accept all the companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Do we have to accept all the companions?

BlackMercenary
12.14.2011 , 07:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalthi View Post
You used to be able to decide whether or not to keep companions. Then all the people cried about how when they picked "Kill XXX" in a dialogue, surprise surprise, it actually killed them.

Thank the whiners for not wanting to bowl without bumpers in the gutters.

Somewhat of a rant, people always cite dumbing down and adding features like omg hyper run speed at lvl 1 because running is too tedious, like the should be added because "I play games to have fun." Ya, well - games also have rules to be fun.

I think the three-point line in basketball should only be 3 feet from the basket and the baskets themselves should only be 10 feet apart because it's too tedious to run back and forth on the court. And 10-foot high baskets are biased against short people, lower them to 2 feet please. Just say no to making everything stupid simple!
seriously, what would you do if you, by a big unlucky momment, killed your companion and then had to restart all the char just to have him back ?

the main problem is: ppl going dark side tries to get dark side points at each dialogue, if it says "kill him" and the other 2 options give light side points... we feel bad about not chosing to kill him...

MalachiDraven
12.14.2011 , 10:13 PM | #12
I will trade you your Wookiee for my Ashara Zhavros!!
Guild Leader of
<Dawn of Insanity>
Server: The Fatman US-East Coast PvP
Visit us at doi.enjin.com !

Soyar
12.14.2011 , 10:29 PM | #13
I thought that they had that system where you could kill your companion but then replace them with a droid.

Clayburn
12.14.2011 , 10:45 PM | #14
They should be killable and fireable, just do a type a word to confirm thing.

Drakenred
12.14.2011 , 11:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Soyar View Post
I thought that they had that system where you could kill your companion but then replace them with a droid.
the droid would not have any of the companion quest that they wanted to add in later

ColonelKer-Nal
12.14.2011 , 11:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakenred View Post
the droid would not have any of the companion quest that they wanted to add in later
Right. Because in the movies R2-D2 never had any quests for Luke!

Oh, wait....
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 11:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalthi View Post
You used to be able to decide whether or not to keep companions. Then all the people cried about how when they picked "Kill XXX" in a dialogue, surprise surprise, it actually killed them.

Thank the whiners for not wanting to bowl without bumpers in the gutters.

Somewhat of a rant, people always cite dumbing down and adding features like omg hyper run speed at lvl 1 because running is too tedious, like the should be added because "I play games to have fun." Ya, well - games also have rules to be fun.

I think the three-point line in basketball should only be 3 feet from the basket and the baskets themselves should only be 10 feet apart because it's too tedious to run back and forth on the court. And 10-foot high baskets are biased against short people, lower them to 2 feet please. Just say no to making everything stupid simple!
It may not have been solely cause of people regretting it either. Since companions can be a very integral part to one's story, it may have actually caused issues with the game too.

Personally, I could care less if the option was in or not, but always wondered why someone would purposly gimp themselves.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

wjrasmussen
12.15.2011 , 01:49 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeScottMorgan View Post
I know all that, that's not what I asked.
Where is the "accept" button for any of them?
A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault. ~John Henry Newman

Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten.