Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AutoAssigned Loot

Xansyn
01.16.2012 , 02:50 PM | #21
Signed and stamped. If you want to push people away from the large group content you've designed Bioware, keep normal mode loot distribution the way it is. The vast majority of the player base will be running normal mode PUGs and not guild run hard/nightmare modes. That's a lot of subscription money and last I checked, money talks.

Berjiz
01.16.2012 , 05:33 PM | #22
So to prevent ninja master looters bw introduced a system that automatically ninja loots the gear. Hurrayy!!!

Caniwi
01.16.2012 , 10:13 PM | #23
Adding my voice to the requests - terrible system, please institute another option of some kind:

Master Looter can assign drops:

a. automatically for all-guild runs, or

b. if every player agrees to this via a preferences toggle, or

c. if every player agrees to this via a popup upon joining an operation group, or

d. if every player agrees to this via an anonymous vote option once the operation group has been assembled.

By all means, make it optional so pugs can choose to use a random system, and keep the option anonymous so players aren't discriminated against for refusing to allow the master looter to assign in pugs.

But make it optional for those that raid with their friends. We ran our first TOR operation last night, and the brutal bugs aside (hilarious this time around, far less so next time), we had a great time... until it came to our master-looter handing out the drops.

At this point there was much confusion, and several people thinking they had stolen downgrade gear from friends it would be a huge upgrade for. Kind of put a damper on the whole event. We assumed it was some kind of bug until we looked it up and discovered master looter means nothing in TOR.

The frustration of the raid group, or even a few members of it, being gear gated by the RNG system turning upgrades into vendor trash is going to seriously demotivate everyone. We love TOR and want to continue to do so, but this will eventually become a game killer for many of us.

Reico
01.16.2012 , 11:57 PM | #24
I did enjoy getting a caster helm as an SI tank.

This is probably one of the worst systems I've ever seen in an MMO.
PVPers are the biggest cry babies of any community
Reico Emeir - IOI - Tempest
<I O I>

Maxiim
01.17.2012 , 12:28 AM | #25
It is the worst system. It isn't like MMO's are a "new thing". Who even designed this system and why hasn't he been fired yet?

Fizil
01.17.2012 , 01:16 AM | #26
Yeah, this sucks. This week we did EV and the first two bosses dropped loot for me. Both items I had already gotten the prior week, AND there was another Agent in the raid who could have used them.

Another option besides allowing trade within the group is this: Let the assigned player RELEASE their lock on the item.

Maxiim
01.17.2012 , 02:48 PM | #27
I'm seriously more confused on how it even made it to live. What were they even thinking with this? lol

Theophania
01.17.2012 , 09:06 PM | #28
I don't even see a problem with ML in a pug. When you join a pug, you can find out if the leader is master looter, if he is and you don't feel comfortable with it, you can ask him to change it or leave the PUG. This random system doesn't take into whether someone may have a piece of gear in their bags or bank that is better than the drop. It may give it to someone who is crafting themselves a better piece of gear over a person that actually needed the drop. What about people who get more than one drop in the same run, this doesn't even allow them to pass on it.

Please change this. It's RUINING raids in this game.

And for anyone who thinks we should just do FFA and then have appointed person pick it up, how many times have you seen someone not pay attention and pick up a BOP item?

And since BW customer service won't take the BOP item from the person that got it and give it to the correct person, this makes that even worse.

Theophania
01.17.2012 , 09:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Berjiz View Post
So to prevent ninja master looters bw introduced a system that automatically ninja loots the gear. Hurrayy!!!
Indeed!

Sykper
01.17.2012 , 09:12 PM | #30
Gharj dropped an offhand pistol for me!

Such a shame that I was a Powertech...