Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AutoAssigned Loot

Farabee
01.16.2012 , 09:50 AM | #11
Yeah, this is a sucky idea. We solved this by having folks who don't need the loot from a particular boss sit for that fight. It sucks to lose commendations and possibly the weekly complete because of it, but whatever.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

Thomasklij
01.16.2012 , 09:55 AM | #12
Isn't the auto-assigning of loot only active in normal mode? I remember reading there wasn't any auto-assigning in hard/nightmare mode. Normal mode is basically PUG-mode anyway, so I don't mind it being active in there.

jazzflute
01.16.2012 , 10:20 AM | #13
This seemed like a great idea to begin with, but there is some problems with this system.

Our guild experience some people getting geared very fast and some not getting any. The other problem is having a cammando as an example, recieving his second chest piece while our other commando haven't got any yet at all.

There could be a simple solution to this problem. Make the items tradeable within the the operation/group. This will fix the problem for guilds. This will stil avoid the problems @ Master loot. As some have mentioned, people stealing the loot.

OrrusTHX
01.16.2012 , 10:40 AM | #14
I havn't had the pleasure of experiencing this system yet. Would someone mind explaining how the auto-assigning system works?

Dirtybomb
01.16.2012 , 12:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OrrusTHX View Post
I havn't had the pleasure of experiencing this system yet. Would someone mind explaining how the auto-assigning system works?
The 2-3 pieces of gear that drop off a normal mode boss will automatically go to a class that can use it, but with no regard as to whether it is an upgrade or even appropriate for their spec. I've seen reports of all the gear going to one toon and lots of instances where a dps ends up with a piece of healer gear or vice versa. Even in a pug, this is a horrible way to distribute loot. How many people will continue to pug normal modes if they keep watching their upgrades go to people that don't need them. Horrible implementation.

Easy way to fix it until they come up with a better loot system. Just allow the drops to be traded to other members of the group for a short time after the fight.

And one other thing. I'm enjoying this game, but seriously, what kind of A-list mmo would launch without a /roll command? Supposed it is in the next patch, but history tells me not to hold my breath.

Iwipe
01.16.2012 , 12:17 PM | #16
Ya I was getting drops in normal mode on pieces I already have.. not fun.

Revanmug
01.16.2012 , 12:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jazzflute View Post
This seemed like a great idea to begin with, but there is some problems with this system.

Our guild experience some people getting geared very fast and some not getting any. The other problem is having a cammando as an example, recieving his second chest piece while our other commando haven't got any yet at all.

There could be a simple solution to this problem. Make the items tradeable within the the operation/group. This will fix the problem for guilds. This will stil avoid the problems @ Master loot. As some have mentioned, people stealing the loot.

Go back a few months ago, around september, when they first announce that "bag loot" for normal operation. The amount of post of joy from the crowd was just sickening and would you dare make a post against it, you were going to be crush by spam of post...

Doesn't seem that great now hein? Yes it remove ninja. No, it doesn't just rain loot to you (the you has nothing to do with the poster). RNG can be as frustrating if not more than a soo horrible ninja! Why? You can act against say person, not with luck. As it was said soo many time, random assign loot is always awful for anything that is remotely organized.

While being able to trade would be great, it doesn't really fix the issue and the trading look like an waful patch to an horrible design. Want to fix the problem? Give the possibility to change loot rule in normal. Done.

Jinxblog
01.16.2012 , 12:41 PM | #18
Agreed, please change this Bioware. It does more damage than help to guild runs :/
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

magus_d
01.16.2012 , 12:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtybomb View Post
Easy way to fix it until they come up with a better loot system. Just allow the drops to be traded to other members of the group for a short time after the fight.
Coding wise this isn't very easy. What would be an easy method is when you loot the body you have a chance to pick up the item or choose to assign it to someone else. Similar to the method in DDO.
Ktan - Marauder

server: Master Zhar Lestin

Roofdaddy
01.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AirClown View Post
If you dont fix this issue at least let the users decicde if they want to go master loot.
If So PLEASE ADD /ROLL Command.

/roll
/roll
/roll
/roll
/roll

That way people can get the loot if they want to roll for it.
that would be copying other games
how about /rng :P