Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 50, and I'm already bored.

andreas_barth
01.16.2012 , 09:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesMcLeod View Post
Yeah, each class quest is unique. But the quests are still basically the same if you play the same side again. I tried to play the Republic side and got kinda bored of it. It's the same game.
Obviously you should play some other game, it seems this is not the game for you.

Sumire
01.16.2012 , 09:18 AM | #22
All I can say is if you are hunting datacrons already it must be boring lol.
Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Requimo
01.16.2012 , 09:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Faxxon View Post
Cool, now, what about those guys that don't play games for their story but rather for its entertainment value?
Since when following a story doesn't entertain? Also from the start Bioware very openly stated that the focus of the MMO is its story, if you don't enjoy story why are you playing SWTOR?

trotsky_tor
01.16.2012 , 09:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Silversable View Post
If I'm not mistaken, SWtOR has shipped with 12 (TBC) HM group instances
3 unique to each faction, 3 for both factions. 9 total.

Gabriah
01.17.2012 , 12:56 PM | #25
I love the way BioWare has set up the game so far - I like the fact that I don't have to spend 20 hours hunting for the "top level" gear so I can kill the epic boss 50 times for the chance at the next top level shiny thing, so I can kill the next epic boss... There are plenty of other games that provide this sort of content. BioWare (I hope) is trying to offer something for those interested in something other than WoW, not just WoW with different "toons".

I haven't reached "end-game" with any of the alts I've created, so have no idea if I'd like to continue playing the game after the story has ended, but I have to say, the titile sort of sums it up for me - you've finished the game. Those who are disapointed that there is no more to do after the story is over, might consider starting over with one of the other story lines, or simply playing a different game. There are thousands of OTHER ways to spend your time if this one is not providing enough entertainment. To me, it sounds like someone complaining that the credits at the end of a movie were too boring to sit through. If you want to watch the credits - go for it. If not, nothing's keeping you.

I'm not saying everyone should enjoy the game and enjoy how it ends (I often leave movies or concerts less than happy with how I spent the last few hours), only that if the fun has ended perhaps it's time to move on.

Perhaps in a year, there will be enough new content to bring you back for another dose.

Mantang
01.17.2012 , 01:15 PM | #26
My raiding days are over and I agree to some extent the end-game content here can get old quick. However, I find quite a kick out of alts (alternating between Emipire and Republic each time) and getting my legacy levels up. I have no idea what I'm going to get someday for my levels but its kind of nice to have a bar that didn't stop at 50.

carliiiiito
01.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gunthr View Post
Well ive read it all and i need to say that basicly:

LOOT is a little bit to easy to get. both PVP and PVE. I got my whole Columi set in 4 days of doing Hm's... ~4 days. Yes, im experianced in pve content and mmos so even bugged hm's werent a problem. But still , 4 days is a lil to fast imho...

Also, hm's -> loot tables are a little bit to boring, every boss drops certain token, and nothing more (well, 1 crafting mat and tionese schem's). And all semi bosses/minibosses drop crappy implants/ears/gloves etc. Nothing that unique. Also, each boss got like 3-4 items drops, (usually tho i see same drops in every runthrough)

No "shiny new weapon or armour" to go there for (just the false emp's HK47 loot table is decent).

Most of my guild casuals just skipped whole hm's concept, went to 2 normal mode ops and geared up from 40 lvl leveling greens/blues and pvp gear to columi in 2/3 8m raids ... ummm ok. Where is t1 ? Where is certain level gear requirement etc....?
There is only Rakata left for them.

And i wont even start on pvp loot, ive seen 50 valor pvpers with Centurion gear, and 25 level pvpers in full champion gear ... something is wrong here...

in the same post u complain that its too long to get gear and thats its too quick to get gear.
whats the difference between random drops in bags u buy or random drops in bosses u kill?You say its boring cuz you get guaranteed drop from bosses ,but then complain about lvl50 valor players not getting the gear?
im confused,what exactly do you propose be a good way to acquire gear?
peace is a lie ,there is only passion

Sinzy
01.17.2012 , 03:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Requimo View Post
Also from the start Bioware very openly stated that the focus of the MMO is its story, if you don't enjoy story why are you playing SWTOR?
Then why the game is called MMO? It is just single player.

AtomicWanderer
01.17.2012 , 04:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1. um ok? Guilds are content now or something?
2. Why. I outgeared them all without ever having to run flashpoints because normal mode operations are faceroll.
3. That took half a day. What now?
4. Im almost fully Rakata geared in 2 weeks of raiding. What now?
5. So run Huttball incessantly so I can get gear to help me win more huttball?

Got any more suggestions there kiddo?
Wow, you're kind of an azz.

There's always Xbox if you're that bored, kiddo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Nordie
01.17.2012 , 05:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinzy View Post
Then why the game is called MMO? It is just single player.
For starters, the game is online (hence the O) and it's open to a large amount of players at the same time. Ergo, SWTOR is an MMO because it is a game playable online by multiple people.

Any questions?