Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Hat

Spiritlord
01.16.2012 , 01:00 AM | #1
I wont lie. Part of the reason why I want to play a smuggler is for the awesome hat. When can you get your first one that looks like the cowboy hat thing. Please don't tell me I have to wait for the champion helmet... lol

Also. I have a sniper atm, should I go with same play style and do gunslinger... or go for the scoundrel?

Xing
01.16.2012 , 01:11 AM | #2
Late 40's is when you'll get the hat.
Xing Yuen
http://orboro.net/

Saviorofcamelot
01.16.2012 , 01:12 AM | #3
I'm above level 40 and I still don't have the hat so I "assume" it is something you get at or around level 50. The jacket is the same... It supposedly drops somewhere in a few lower level flashpoints but you'll probably be 50 when you get it.

As far as your path goes...

Going Gunslinger will probably be easy since you have a Sniper but do you really want to level a character that is identical to your Sniper?

If I rolled an Imperial Assassin I would make him a Sniper because I currently play a Scoundrel and I wouldn't want to level the exact same character twice.

I know the stories are different and the planets are different but overall it would feel the the same character and that might be a little boring.
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

CedricDur
01.16.2012 , 02:47 AM | #4
The only cowboy hat I saw so far had a... a hoodie on the back of the head? Very strange. Why is the back of our head covered? And do we get a hat without it?
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

Rohnanaas
01.16.2012 , 03:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CedricDur View Post
The only cowboy hat I saw so far had a... a hoodie on the back of the head? Very strange. Why is the back of our head covered? And do we get a hat without it?
Why can't the artists figure out how to say when...even the coats are out of control, short sleeve dusters with wacked out designs...more gear like the Intro video or Han Solo please and less Lando with his pimp capes.

viith
01.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohnanaas View Post
.more gear like the Intro video or Han Solo please and less Lando with his pimp capes.

Yes please. And I can't be the only one who doesn't want the hat. I kind of like my sharpshooter helmet with the eye scope thingy !
Captain Viith Samoor of the Surly Squib

Karast
01.16.2012 , 03:54 PM | #7
Don't get me wrong I'm not anti Lando, but Lando would have never worn a cowboy hat.

Give us a proper duster! Like the security key vendor has!

CedricDur
01.16.2012 , 06:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by viith View Post
Yes please. And I can't be the only one who doesn't want the hat. I kind of like my sharpshooter helmet with the eye scope thingy !

Which one's that?
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

Wolfninjajedi
01.16.2012 , 06:43 PM | #9
I got both the cowboy hat(though without the face cover) and chest piece that the avatar smuggler has, though I looted the hat on Ilum at lvl 50 has nice stats though can't be modded.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Talon_Starfire
01.17.2012 , 11:34 AM | #10
What about a Cowboy Hat just for Aesthetics can we get one at low levels even if it doesn't have stat boosts?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper