Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

Vyrulence
01.16.2012 , 04:25 PM | #21
I hate the way these hybrid specs look. Here is the reason you should play the voltaic slash build: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=177739

GruulTapul
01.16.2012 , 04:50 PM | #22
18/0/23

You didn't even test your your second build. You can't skill Raze without putting two points into claws of decay, Darthhater is wrong there. Hence your deathfield costs a crippling amount of energy .

Also, you cannot Tailor the stats on your PvP Armor, so you need to work with what you have.

akalaszlo
01.16.2012 , 05:49 PM | #23
Ok so I am torn. I like both the specs and right now just went all the way up deception and need to change. here is the deal and you guys tell me what you think. First off let me tell you what kind of player I am. I love open word ganking LOL and putting out big hits. I like the first spec just because it gives me 1 min off my cool down on force cloak and I do use it a lot. I like the 2nd tree because of the defense and I could tank for my guild some. We don't have a tank. When we do run stuff and we stun a lot so that would suck sometimes with all the aoes. How do you the think the 2nd spec would work if I stack crit and not def. I still have some def but hit harder for pvp? What do you guys think?

akalaszlo
01.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #24
damn your right now I really dont know what to do. i was thinking about going this way.

akalaszlo
01.16.2012 , 06:51 PM | #25

Keengamer
01.16.2012 , 07:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocorras View Post
good god that 30/11 build makes me cringe when I look at it.

Oh, and here's a deception/madness build that isn't terrible. That thing you made makes 0 sense. You get surging charge, then get nothing that has synergy with it. The whole upper part of deception is all about shock/surge discharge synergy. Static cling meh. Entropic field meh. You'll be a paper bag w/o insulation.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2f2efe2fef2:
You really don't need insulation it adds like 2% reduction to your armor. That 30/11 build is horrible though

akalaszlo
01.17.2012 , 08:36 AM | #28
why do I want death field over Voltaic slash? It seems that Voltaic slash can up my shoke 30% and hit 2 times and death field has a cost of 50. If I am already using every bit of it already doing what I am why not just up the power to what I am doing with out the cost?

GruulTapul
01.17.2012 , 09:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by akalaszlo View Post
why do I want death field over Voltaic slash? It seems that Voltaic slash can up my shoke 30% and hit 2 times and death field has a cost of 50. If I am already using every bit of it already doing what I am why not just up the power to what I am doing with out the cost?
You're right, if you want to use Deathfield you need the force cost reduction. Hence you might as well spend more points in the Madness Tree.

VS is more about crackling Blast anyway, once you get that deep into deception, none of the hybrid options make much sense anymore.

DarthNorik
01.17.2012 , 11:17 AM | #30
23 darkness 16 madness is the best pvp spec. I think someone linked it. I still like playing pure madness though, 5/5/31.
Peace is a lie, rejected by all our natural instincts.