Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

Theysay
01.16.2012 , 02:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TeddyBearSniper View Post
someone post the 30/11 build.
30/11 looks like this

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...4e5fefece5fe2f

this build is great
death field > voltaic slash by far... but personally, I prefer the 20/21

here is the difference straight up. Is recklessness up? are you ganking somebodeyh 1v1?
30/11 outperforms due to the guaranteed discharge/shock crits.
The build is def worth it if your crit is below 20 %. if you are above that like around 27% +, I just can't see an advantage to it. with 20/21, you will do 50 % extra dmg using trash when you crit!it WILL do more dmg then voltaic slash.

also, you might not be dealing with a 1v1. instant cast tornadoes with stuns. Hell yeah. death field doesn't cost 50 force -this is HUGE! ALL THAT FORCE! in a 1v1 with blackout up, this doesn't matter so much...but srsly.. it just costs 25.
lets not forget RAZE procs. once your crit is at a decent stage. RAZE PROOOCS. it does SO much dmg. it does half of its dmg instantly, and 50 % over 6 seconds. 6 seconds isn't that long compared to other dots. Its an amazing ability, and it should be used. This is something SORC's cant take advantage of (since madness is a shared tree) cuz sorcs don't MELEE
A lot of bummers on these forums...
bummers : people who find something to complain about, and bum you out. then they complain when you dont wana hang likes its your fault.

maestruljedi
01.16.2012 , 03:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Theysay View Post
This is something SORC's cant take advantage of (since madness is a shared tree) cuz sorcs don't MELEE
Which is why sorc version of raze (wrath) is tied to force lightning, not melee.

Nocorras
01.16.2012 , 03:30 AM | #13
good god that 30/11 build makes me cringe when I look at it.

Oh, and here's a deception/madness build that isn't terrible. That thing you made makes 0 sense. You get surging charge, then get nothing that has synergy with it. The whole upper part of deception is all about shock/surge discharge synergy. Static cling meh. Entropic field meh. You'll be a paper bag w/o insulation.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2f2efe2fef2:

Zagzax
01.16.2012 , 04:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocorras View Post
good god that 30/11 build makes me cringe when I look at it.

Oh, and here's a deception/madness build that isn't terrible. That thing you made makes 0 sense. You get surging charge, then get nothing that has synergy with it. The whole upper part of deception is all about shock/surge discharge synergy. Static cling meh. Entropic field meh. You'll be a paper bag w/o insulation.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2f2efe2fef2:
I just have a hard time seeing either of these builds being better than a 31 darkness build... If i have that much crit, (i have 29.67% self buffed) then I'm definitely going to want creeping death. With the 20/21 spec it's like he said you take surging charge but no reason to use it. You have bonus crit damage on nothing but thrash. The hybrid in my quote looks better but i just can't see Induction, Darkswell, and Blackout countering the loss of Creeping Death, Thrashing Blades, Charge Mastery, and Creeping Terror. 5/5/31 just looks better to me.

Nocorras
01.16.2012 , 04:16 AM | #15
Actually I'd probably go parasitism now that I looked at it.

aranha
01.16.2012 , 05:59 AM | #16
25/0/16 is the strongest build by far. Deception 31 builds get ripped by it and the damage is superb as its not melee damage thus ignores shields.

upzie
01.16.2012 , 06:07 AM | #17
lots of talking in these threads.... I'd rather see it actually beeing used, its easy to sound good and make something sound good, its another thing to actually show that you are it, or that what your are advertising are.

And tbh looking at some of the builds, really makes me wonder if ppl know what they are doing. So before I bite on any of these storys some streaming of some wz's or the like would be appriciatet, to be able to see excatly how it works.

TeddyBearSniper
01.16.2012 , 02:07 PM | #18
The 20/21 build seems useless to anybody who doesn't like stealthing. What's the advantage of it?
Sorcerer || Sniper || Guardian

Must read thread:
Cantina Entertainment v.4.5

Theysay
01.16.2012 , 02:18 PM | #19
A lot of bummers on these forums...
bummers : people who find something to complain about, and bum you out. then they complain when you dont wana hang likes its your fault.

Deridia
01.16.2012 , 02:43 PM | #20
Quote:
18/0/23

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...2fefe2fe7fef19

This build is all about being as tanky as *********** possible, which is like, a bit trolly because you will still have a great, steady dmg output while being an unkillabe futher mucker just running around not giving a single ****. You get ALL the Darkness benefits except for wither and its related talents. But who gives a ratass about wither and related talents when you can get death field instead and so much more!
Which includes, insta cast whirlwind, raze procs (not as much as the other build- but they still happen and its very exciting when they do), and incredible, INCREDIBLE synergy when it comes to the SHOCK talents. double shocking shock guaranteed to crit SHOCKING SHAWK that costs less force power AWW HEELL YEAH!!!!

You wana build tankstats as much as possible, also willpower is awesome, that or even tankstat/willpower spread. Don't build crit,there just isn't room for it.

Hope this was helpful
Why would you do this when 20/21/0 is sooooo much more effective at being a tank + dmg?