Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Hybrid assassins, best assassins. (the two very viable specs!)

Theysay
01.15.2012 , 09:55 PM | #1
Hey guys, check these specs out. Why get wither when you can get death field and so much more?
Why get Voltaic slash (except that it looks so pretteh) when you can get SOO MUCH MORE with a hybrid spec!

0/21/20
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...5f3efedfe2fe2f

With this build, you want Crit > Willpower> Endurance. That or Crit > endurance/ > willpower
The higher ur crit, the more this spec sort of feeds itself into greater, exponential damage. Take a really good look at what you are trading. See why voltaic slash just isn't worth it? You get death field, which is like - awesome as an actual ***********. Insta- cast whirlwind, AMAZING GODLY RAZE procs, Also...trash will actually do MORE dmg then voltaic slash would if you crit. way more. Hell yeah!...Crackling blasts/voltaic slash doesn't even come close.

Hybrid builds are all about SYNERGY...and there is plenty of it here. Small warning though, it takes a decent amount of crit before this build starts showing its teeth

18/0/23

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...2fefe2fe7fef19

This build is all about being as tanky as *********** possible, which is like, a bit trolly because you will still have a great, steady dmg output while being an unkillabe futher mucker just running around not giving a single ****. You get ALL the Darkness benefits except for wither and its related talents. But who gives a ratass about wither and related talents when you can get death field instead and so much more!
Which includes, insta cast whirlwind, raze procs (not as much as the other build- but they still happen and its very exciting when they do), and incredible, INCREDIBLE synergy when it comes to the SHOCK talents. double shocking shock guaranteed to crit SHOCKING SHAWK that costs less force power AWW HEELL YEAH!!!!

You wana build tankstats as much as possible, also willpower is awesome, that or even tankstat/willpower spread. Don't build crit,there just isn't room for it.

Hope this was helpful
A lot of bummers on these forums...
bummers : people who find something to complain about, and bum you out. then they complain when you dont wana hang likes its your fault.

StrifedRevan
01.15.2012 , 10:15 PM | #2
After respeccing 10+ times I've made my own hybrid build, and its similar to what youre talking about, exchanging volt slash for deathfield, 0/30/11

just topped 430k damage in a recent warzone, and I completely destroy targets one on one

edit: I would like to see that 0/21/20 build in action, I'd do it myself but I've spent too much on respeccing over and over

Theysay
01.15.2012 , 10:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by StrifedRevan View Post
After respeccing 10+ times I've made my own hybrid build, and its similar to what youre talking about, exchanging volt slash for deathfield, 0/30/11

just topped 430k damage in a recent warzone, and I completely destroy targets one on one
I can't recommend Raze enough. Its amazing. try it =)
bummers : people who find something to complain about, and bum you out. then they complain when you dont wana hang likes its your fault.

StrifedRevan
01.15.2012 , 10:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Theysay View Post
I can't recommend Raze enough. Its amazing. try it =)
My main build use to be pure madness, so ya Raze is awesome, I might try it, and the force-master set gives bonus to crushing darkness, healing you for 0.5% health a tick and reducing cd by 1.5 secs

edit: about that 21/20 build though, its sacrificing alot of bonus crit damage from discharge and shock, thats my main problem I see it having, not being able to crit over 3-4k isn't too good

Theysay
01.15.2012 , 10:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by StrifedRevan View Post
My main build use to be pure madness, so ya Raze is awesome, I might try it, and the force-master set gives bonus to crushing darkness, healing you for 0.5% health a tick and reducing cd by 1.5 secs

edit: about that 21/20 build though, its sacrificing alot of bonus crit damage from discharge and shock, thats my main problem I see it having, not being able to crit over 3-4k isn't too good
you make up the disrchage dmg loss with death circle/and much higher trash dmg imo, trash ends up doing more dmg then voltaic slash lol!, among the other utility such as insta casts whirlwinds...not the mention the amazing raze procs...

As for the Shock dmg, dmg is actually increased imo. I haven't done the math, but you have a 45 % chance whenever u cast shock to cast a second shock for no cost, dealing normal dmg.

edit : raze procs more the more crit you have. the more crit you have, the more worth it is

StrifedRevan
01.15.2012 , 10:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Theysay View Post
you make up for it with death circle/and much higher trash dmg imo, trash ends up doing more dmg then voltaic slash lol!, among the other utility such as insta casts whirlwinds
well concerning PVP, it isn't a very viable spec in one on one situations, I use a build similar to that, except I keep the crits for surging charge and shock, and have death field, simple build, 0/30/11.

Raze doesn't proc very often, and it screws up rotation if youre trying to get it proc'd, and tbh its not worth it, since it lasts 3-4 seconds and does 2-3k damage overtime, burst damage trumps that in PVP

TeddyBearSniper
01.15.2012 , 10:55 PM | #7
I want our top scientists testing out these new builds. On the double people!

Report back with your results.
Sorcerer || Sniper || Guardian

Must read thread:
Cantina Entertainment v.4.5

Lolaussie
01.15.2012 , 11:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TeddyBearSniper View Post
I want our top scientists testing out these new builds. On the double people!

Report back with your results.
I 2nd this
Don't hate the player, Hate the game.

StrifedRevan
01.16.2012 , 12:30 AM | #9
heres some results for my 0/30/11 build

gear: 75% champ / 25% centaurion / orange main hand

against average republic group
http://imageshack.us/f/443/highl.png/

against heavy healing republic group
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7632/freb.png

TeddyBearSniper