Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder vs Avatar of Sel-Makor (A Long Forgotten Evil)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder vs Avatar of Sel-Makor (A Long Forgotten Evil)

SodaOfYoda
01.15.2012 , 08:57 PM | #1
What gives?

Without using LOS kiting, how can you kill him toe-to-toe?

You want a cup of jawa juice?

Kresse
01.15.2012 , 09:35 PM | #2
I had no issues... Started off
Charge > Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate > into standard rotation of maintaining Annihilator and DoTs. Used Obfuscate, once it wore off popped Saber Ward and Cloak of Pain at once.

I was almost dead by the second time Berserk was up, so I busted Undying Rage, Berserk, medpack. Almost dead a second time, so I cloaked. Avatar went for Quinn, I came out of cloak and went back to town from about 50% HP. Killed him no problem.
Former Fury Warrior; current Sith Marauder
Lord Brojangles - Marauder (42) Shii-Cho, Empire

SodaOfYoda
01.15.2012 , 09:44 PM | #3
Damn I'm Carnage. Being able to dot him definitely would helps, as well as those heals. He keeps spamming aoe force choke, force storm, and that aoe blast.

Using medpacs/stims and get him close, but he always gets the best of me on the last quarter of his health.

You want a cup of jawa juice?

AGoldCrayon
01.15.2012 , 09:48 PM | #4
I beat him as Carnage with Vaesa. The key is your interupts. Disruption, Intimidating Roar, Force choke. The rest is standard.

ReFlexionn
01.16.2012 , 12:07 AM | #5
i didn't even press my skills and i got it done like a boss
Baka ka omae wa?

Eleftheria
01.16.2012 , 03:10 AM | #6
i killed him when i was 3 levels below him,used quin,and simply made sure to interrupt his long cast,the one that deal about 3k damage,other than that no kiting was needed!
Asura-Zabrak Sith Marauder-level 50-the progenitor(RP-PVE)

Voblat
01.16.2012 , 03:26 AM | #7
I'm anni spec.

Used Vette.

Laid on bleeds, kited him when the aoe was going off if I couldnt interupt, kept him the opposite side of the platform thing to vette with his back to her so nothing he does hits her.

I was a level; below the mission when i did it, with vette in all ornage gear modded up with blue/purple barrels and armor .

DarkWylde
01.30.2012 , 07:12 PM | #8
Carnage spec with Quinn

just spamming Disruption, Intimidating Roar and Force Chocke, im using endurance stim and it goes well. He use to do a quite long cast skill that do more damage. take a look at it

Ardim
01.30.2012 , 09:16 PM | #9
Annihilation spec with Quinn. Used all my CDs and medpacs when needed, use Disruption when he tries to cast Thundering Blast and Intimidating Roar and Force Choke if Disruption is onCD, and stay out of the Force Storm. I won by doing this.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

Quantum
01.30.2012 , 11:25 PM | #10
Went toe to toe with him with a Rage Spec Marauder using Jaesa as a companion... sent her in first, then started building up for the smash crit, after the smash I then used an interrupt and force choke to buy time for the next smash after that he was pretty low on life and wasn't a challenge.