Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving is *HORRIBLE TERRIBAD AWEFUL*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Synthweaving is *HORRIBLE TERRIBAD AWEFUL*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

drfirewater
02.27.2012 , 10:53 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Ostguden View Post
What we know so far is that orange armor will be crittable. That combined with the fact that we will be able to remove armoring from set pieces should produce some interesting alternatives for endgame.

I'm personally hoping they will add legacy schematics.
yeah that is a great idea ...

Personally i think crit oranages whith full rakata/columni upgrades (because you can swap out your armoring/hilt modes in 1.2) is already a big upgrade.

everyslot upgraded with augments ... i get shivers just thinking about it ... wow the dps upgrade.
SITH HAPPENS
[])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████FYI ..I hate WoW... because its gameplay sucks... no other reason.

apatah
02.27.2012 , 11:07 AM | #62
As a maxed out synthweaver I can honestly say it has done well for me. I didn't do anything with it till I hit 50 and the belts and wrists I can make definitly helped keep me alive until getting Rakata level stuff.

There are two problems I see with Sythweaving end game.

A). The reverse engineering chance is down right horrible atm. Before I could RE about 10-20 item and get a hit. Now I am having to create about 70-100 items to get 1 hit on a purple schematic. THE hell are you thinking EA/Bioware?

B). And this is more of a republic standpoint as well as not limited to just Synthweaving. GIVE US BETTER LOOKING GRAPHICS ON THE ITEMS WE CAN MAKE/WEAR! The retired mother Theresa look for Conulars is craptacular. The Consular look can still be maintained while still having that look be a tad more fansionable. I swear my frigging Shadow looks like a reject from a monastary in full Rakata garb

Oh, PS ... what's with the Twee'leks not being able to wear hoods? Look at my avatar's pic and make it happen!
Elushar - Speaker of Truths
Underhand of the Jedi Council
Jedi Shadow
"First Truth - Everything I will tell you is a lie."

Onager
02.27.2012 , 02:53 PM | #63
Synthweaving and Armormech are for alts of Cybertech mains so you have another source of Mandalorian Iron.

That said, there's really not that much wrong with Synthweaving in general. The negative comparisons to Cybertech and Biotech notwithstanding (and seemingly more indicative of it needing a buff than the others needing a nerf), it does have a place in the game, as there are some models of crafted oranges that can only be gotten through Synthweaving and Armormech.

Now, I'm only saying it doesn't completely suck. I still wouldn't take it as a 'main' craft, not just yet.

No telling what the future holds.

OWAIT
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey, Synthweaving is getting a significant update in the upcoming Game Update 1.2.
Guess there is. :3
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

QuadDamage
02.27.2012 , 11:44 PM | #64
Once you start raiding, all crafting, minus Biochem, is a complete and utter waste. Sure you can craft some Rakata gear (bracers, belt) that have a silly augment slot in it. Go ahead, waste the mats/credits trying to get it, unless you're lucky enough to get it on your first try. Next month they'll be releasing new content, with new gear, which makes all those credits and mats you wasted null and void.

Most of the items you craft from recipes that drop in ops are BoP, except the ear pieces, and implants (could be mistaken here). Everything is 136, and even if you crit the Synthweave gear and augment it, it's still not as good as the already bad Rakata gear.

Simply put. The crafting is bad, the stats on raid gear is bad, the lack of customization is bad, the fact you can't pull out armorings is bad, and the lack of level 56? mods/enhancements to put into your existing Rakata gear is bad. The stupid cars that drop off Soa/Karagga are to large, and if they don't fix Nightmare Bonethrasher in the next patch I'm going to go ape ****, then quit.

The end.

Karkais
02.29.2012 , 06:33 AM | #65
I have never critted a single piece of artifice crafting despite having done it for weeks. I wish there would be some crittable recipes besides ones that require biometric crystal alloys in artifice.

I still dont consider artifice a waste though, since I get good money from selling stuff, but I dont consider it equal to other crafts either.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

lueckjathom
02.29.2012 , 09:26 AM | #66
People get hung up on orange gear while leveling.

I will certainly agree that leveling with Cybertech is nice (yeah, it's called cybertech, not cybernetics) since once you have all orange custom gear, you can just make yourself new armorings and mods every 2 levels and keep up to date greens for really cheap. Then use your planet commendations to fill in the enhancements.

On the other hand, I can use synthweaving to just make new armor pieces the exact same way. The only difference is that there can be at times a little more of a level spread between the pieces. A green level 30 piece of armor made with synthweaving is more or less identical in stat values to an orange custom piece fitted with level 30 green quality mods.

People just see an orange label and get a stiffy thinking it's something special. Stats are stats, and cybertech does not get you any better stats than synthweaving.

Elyons
02.29.2012 , 09:30 AM | #67
You do realize that you NEED it because at 400 you will learn schematics for this: http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/905...lkers_bracers/

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/325...ers_waistwrap/

After you craft those two, then you can drop it for a more reasonable crewskill
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

wxgreg
02.29.2012 , 02:24 PM | #68
SYNTHWEAVING AT 400 GIVING YOU TWO RAKATA PIECES IS TERRIBLE, what is really bad is the fact you can also crit these items increasing your primary stat by +28. Yep it is horrible!!!

kenbenobi
03.01.2012 , 06:41 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
/agreed
I agree. Only thing is at lvl 50 Rakata wrists and Rakata sash (binds on maker). After you have made them the whole synthweaving is useless.
"Ganta Solo chone Wuki." (Bring me Solo and the Wookiee!)

Malleable
03.01.2012 , 12:26 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadalyn View Post
I don't know why anyone would level a skill to 400 and then drop it. If you want another skill, why dont you level an alt with different crew skills?
I was questioning this myself.

My conclusion is that he wants a skill that has BOP items that are superior to what you can get through other means. Reusables med kits?

I did see a dev talk about trying to move crafting away from BOP items though.