Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if Luke had turned to the dark side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What if Luke had turned to the dark side?

moiraesfate
01.16.2012 , 07:45 PM | #21
In the EU, Luke DOES go over to the dark side, but comes back. Later.

LrdStryfe
01.16.2012 , 08:02 PM | #22
Vader wouldn't have ever gone to Tatooine. In the EU it was described as the place where Vader felt most of his pain, and linked it to everything bad that had happened in his life. He purposelessly avoided stepping foot on Tatooine out of fear of awakening what was left of Anakin Skywalker in him.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

Rhyltran
01.16.2012 , 11:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by bfishback View Post
Sidious would have destroyed them both.

Vader and Luke (at that time) were no match for Sidious. I'm sure Sidious would have tried to turn Luke again during the confrontation, and might actually succeed seeing as Luke would have been willing to join Vader, he probably would end up joining Sidious with the right amount of manipulation.
Actually Vader was relatively close to Sidious and I doubt they'd have went after the Emperor immediately. The problem is if they did manage to kill the Emperor he'd simply return in a younger more powerful clone body. It's possible given time Luke may have been able to take the Emperor out but regardless Vader would be toast.

BrandonSM
01.16.2012 , 11:54 PM | #24
(Off-topic and a little random but it popped up in my head: Rhyltran, I've never seen you make a thread before. And you post quite a bit. )

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Actually Vader was relatively close to Sidious and I doubt they'd have went after the Emperor immediately. The problem is if they did manage to kill the Emperor he'd simply return in a younger more powerful clone body. It's possible given time Luke may have been able to take the Emperor out but regardless Vader would be toast.
Similar to Vader and Galen. They had to train, plan, years and years... and they failed.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rhyltran
01.17.2012 , 01:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
(Off-topic and a little random but it popped up in my head: Rhyltran, I've never seen you make a thread before. And you post quite a bit. )

Similar to Vader and Galen. They had to train, plan, years and years... and they failed.
Exactly. In fact they did state in interviews when making force unleashed it's supposed to be sort of like that. They said that this would have been what it'd be like if Vader had raised Luke.

Also yeah. I don't make threads very often. :P I feel no need to. Usually if I feel like discussing something I look up an already existing thread and just post there.