Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if Luke had turned to the dark side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What if Luke had turned to the dark side?

LrdStryfe
01.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #1
What if in Episode 5 when Luke fights Vader, instead of falling down off of the ledge, he gives in to Vader and turns to the Dark Side? How would that have gone down?

It would have negated the Rule of Two, and there's no way that Vader could have hidden Luke from the Emperor like he did with Starkiller.

What would have happened?
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!

Wolfninjajedi
01.15.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2
In a nutshell they would have face rolled the emperor and ruled the galaxy.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Elyons
01.15.2012 , 07:11 PM | #3
The emperor would shoot lightning into them for the next 20 minutes as they both grovel on the ground begging for mercy, but refuse to die as 20000 volts course through they're bodies
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

JokersFate
01.15.2012 , 07:14 PM | #4
Better question....what if Luke had gone to the imperial academy in the first place like he wanted to in episode 4.

OutOfSight
01.15.2012 , 07:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JokersFate View Post
Better question....what if Luke had gone to the imperial academy in the first place like he wanted to in episode 4.
But Luke never wanted to join the Imperials, he wanted to join the Alliance like his friend Biggs.
"It says that the effect of drinking a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Vamporius
01.15.2012 , 09:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdStryfe View Post
What if in Episode 5 when Luke fights Vader, instead of falling down off of the ledge, he gives in to Vader and turns to the Dark Side? How would that have gone down?

It would have negated the Rule of Two, and there's no way that Vader could have hidden Luke from the Emperor like he did with Starkiller.

What would have happened?
he does for a while after the films

psychogobstopper
01.15.2012 , 09:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vamporius View Post
he does for a while after the films
A very short while, and only in the first Dark Empire story arc. That situation, however, isn't relevant to LrdStryfe's question, since Luke was Palpatine's sole apprentice during that story.

JokersFate
01.15.2012 , 09:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OutOfSight View Post
But Luke never wanted to join the Imperials, he wanted to join the Alliance like his friend Biggs.
He said he wanted to join the "Academy"...and he was really surprised to see Biggs in the rebellion.... I really doubt the Rebel's had an Academy up and running for the public to know about...I feel as though that would be unhelpful to them staying secret.........

The Academy would be an ideal choice for him....sure he doesn't like the empire...most people don;t like there government...but they still join the military to get out of where there from.... I grew up in a desert so I can tell you the urge is there...

I stand by my thought that he was going to go join the imperial academy...there's even a section in one of the video games where you go and take an imperial academy field test.

bfishback
01.15.2012 , 09:48 PM | #9
Sidious would have destroyed them both.

Vader and Luke (at that time) were no match for Sidious. I'm sure Sidious would have tried to turn Luke again during the confrontation, and might actually succeed seeing as Luke would have been willing to join Vader, he probably would end up joining Sidious with the right amount of manipulation.

DarthCraeth
01.15.2012 , 09:51 PM | #10
The Imperial Academy was the only place to get credible certification/a good education in piloting because Palpatine nationalized the institutions that provided that service to maintain control of space flight capability. Prospective Rebels were educated there too, same way many West Point graduates sided with the Confederacy.