Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Raiders

Rouge
01.15.2012 , 06:28 PM | #1
Just tried to do this in a party where all were above the intended level and we wiped and wiped and wiped at the NPC Republic Boarding Party, at best killing three of them. Thousands of credits wasted by each. An immensely hard encounter, but...

Crowd Control immunity was supposed to be removed from these in a recent patch I gather, but when we stunned the ranged ones with SI's Mind Trap, they immediately recovered from it and joined the battle when one of their comrades was attacked. Whirlwind seemed to work, but was of no use because of the short duration. So, no CC really.

And how exactly is this supposed to be done? Is there some trick to this? Just do it with a group where all are ten levels above the intended level?
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2
You can do this boss at the correct level without CC, with CC is pathetically easy. Tell your group to stop using AoEs

Rouge
01.15.2012 , 07:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
You can do this boss at the correct level without CC, with CC is pathetically easy. Tell your group to stop using AoEs
I'm not talking about the end boss that I haven't seen, but the four level 24 boarding party bosses. Long term CC didn't work at them.

And I don't think that a party of level 25s can do this encounter without some very succesful kiting and a huge amount of luck. My party had a 26, 27, 29 and 31.

The idea of putting them all down to a very low health - because of the amplification of powers of remaining NPCs as each one dies - before killing any of them would have demanded a personal healer for each group member. One healer and medpacs just are not enough.
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 07:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
I'm not talking about the end boss that I haven't seen, but the four level 24 boarding party bosses. Long term CC didn't work at them.

And I don't think that a party of level 25s can do this encounter without some very succesful kiting and a huge amount of luck. My party had a 26, 27, 29 and 31.

The idea of putting them all down to a very low health - because of the amplification of powers of remaining NPCs as each one dies - before killing any of them would have demanded a personal healer for each group member. One healer and medpacs just are not enough.
I know which boss you're talking about, and it's a pretty simple fight. Focus one, kill it. focus the next, kill it. Focus the next, kill it. Kill the last one. Order that you kill them is important, CC isn't needed. If your CC isn't working and no one is AoEing then submit a bug report, but I'm willing to bet someone in your group is breaking it.

Requimo
01.15.2012 , 07:34 PM | #5
Yea they are pretty hard I remember. Yet I also remember that if you kill one of them and got wiped, that one stays dead so actually we did it by killing the first half first and getting wiped then killing the second half. I don't know if it still works tho.

Rouge
01.15.2012 , 07:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Requimo View Post
Yea they are pretty hard I remember. Yet I also remember that if you kill one of them and got wiped, that one stays dead so actually we did it by killing the first half first and getting wiped then killing the second half. I don't know if it still works tho.
It doesn't. They all resurrect aka it resets if you wipe. (Once it reset during a fight.)