Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if you could recast anikan skywalker right now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if you could recast anikan skywalker right now

JoshuaSmith
01.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1
Who would you cast?
A lot of people think Hayden Christensen was not good for the role.
So my question is,Who would you cast?

My personal vote would be: Chris Pine

idk though, there could be others that would be much better, who do you think?????
I always have a bad feeling in this game about things....

LordQordisz
01.15.2012 , 05:52 PM | #2
Samuel L. Jackson
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

snakeIL
01.15.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
I wouldn't recast him, i liked how he played Anakin.

JJDunn
01.15.2012 , 06:02 PM | #4
Not a bad actor, but the way Lucas told him how to act.. blegh.

Mr_Pancakes
01.15.2012 , 06:02 PM | #5
anyone

BrigOrion
01.15.2012 , 06:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JJDunn View Post
Not a bad actor, but the way Lucas told him how to act.. blegh.
This.

Christensen wasn't the problem. Nor was Portman. I felt so embarrassed for those two when I saw the prequels. The problem was the direction, and the truly horrible scripts, piled on top of everything being green screen.

With the original movies, even though most of the talent was far from top notch, at least they had sets to work in that created the environment for them to act in.

TheOnyxHero
01.15.2012 , 06:13 PM | #7
I dunno, if you think about Anakin the character, he was a slave, that goes into the Jedi order... most probably wouldn't know how to express there feelings. Some would have emotional problems as being a child or young adult, with everything and trying to follow the Jedi Code of having no emotion. On top of what he felt for his mother, wanting to be more powerful and how he felt for Padme and he was socially awkward. I don't think most Jedi knew how to handle themselves with other people, that's the impression I get, they are pretty much monks who live away from everyone else. I think the acting was fine. I think people just want to find something to ***** about like always.

I hated the young anakin, the child actor was awful and Jar-Jar... but other than that, I like the movies.

mminczes
01.15.2012 , 06:17 PM | #8
I thought Hayden did a pretty good job

Golar
01.15.2012 , 06:22 PM | #9
That guy who played Starkiller from the Force Unleashed. He would have made a good Anakin.

TBurglar
01.15.2012 , 08:03 PM | #10
Jason Statham would have been perfect!