Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unfinishable HM FP's

Tonoftw
01.15.2012 , 05:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
Chase people? wth are you talking about.

-Tank boss against wall on steps everyone grouped up - avoids knockbacks/helps with healing.

-When he gets to w/e percent that phase 2 starts drag him to the edge, with the tanks back to a pillar, so he doesn't get knocked off.

-He casts "force lightning" or w/e it's called, do first knock-back which interrupts his cast, then IMMEDIATELY do second knock-back to push him off edge..

Very simple.
When i say chase.. I mean CC everybody then attack the person Not CC'd. If he dies during this phase, He does not need to go off the edge. Even the phase when the 1 person is stunned and the rest are about to be. You can kill him any time during this 30 second time frame.
There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

Saice
01.15.2012 , 05:20 PM | #12
Yeah I mean its not like they fix anything.

OH WAIT http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1663721

Quote:
The False Emperor
  • Tregg no longer immediately initiates his whirlwind attack after leaping to a player target. Players now have more time to react and avoid whirlwind damage.
  • Corrected an issue that caused Jindo Krey to randomly target players with his blaster attack. He now focuses those attacks on his primary target, making him “tankable” as intended.
  • Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgus’ throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him.
^^vv<><>BA
SWTOR is part of the EU Wookieepedia is your friend.
Screen Shot of my main. A Jedi Knight Guardian

Mandrax
01.15.2012 , 05:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
Double melee - marauder's do NOT have a knock back and we do not have a stun which will affect a boss. Smash only affects standard.
You know, you should put some thought into group make up for things like that, it makes all the difference.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Norbix
01.15.2012 , 05:28 PM | #14
I'm trying to think of a tank/healer combo that doesn't have two knockbacks. o_O

MaGariShun
01.15.2012 , 05:31 PM | #15
it's not "double melee" that does not work. It's when you choose a combination of marauder or operative dps only combined with an operative healer (afaik all tanks and all other specs have knockbacks).

Now you could ***** about foundry and how revan is only killable with some very specific setups and strategies

Fanelz
01.15.2012 , 05:34 PM | #16
You can do it with 2 marauders. I've done it.
Jugg , 2 Marauders and one Sorc.
So it's not impossible, as it is in boarding party folks always that that's also impossible, and believe it, it isn't.
Pre-Order Collector's Edition Achieved !

████████████████████]}]█[Ξ]]]]]))⊙))

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 05:40 PM | #17
Don't do a Flashpoint with 4 of the same class.

BassDeluxe
01.15.2012 , 05:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Saice View Post
Yeah I mean its not like they fix anything.

OH WAIT http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1663721
QFT. Read the patch notes before you complain.

Moolake
01.15.2012 , 05:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonoftw View Post
Actually he doesnt cast his lightning if he still has somebody to choke and chase.. Many times we have had 1 of our members in the CC bout to be chased... And he has been killed during the chase. He does not go immune if he is preparing to chase people.
He is totally right... Malgus will have one solo phase with each party member.. kill him before he finishes the 4th one and your problem is solved as well. You won't have to kick him off the ledge.

Soluss
01.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
OMG, READ PLEASE, We do NOT have KNOCK BACKS as marauders.. What part of that isn't clear and you're not able to understand? We have two in our group and did not know when we started this that you can NOT have two melee dps in your group in order to complete this FP.

This is my gripe!!
So what was your other 2? BH have knockback, IA have knockback of sorts, juggs have knockback and inquis have knocback