Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unfinishable HM FP's

Aleeha
01.15.2012 , 05:00 PM | #1
Hey thanks, BioWare for making a flashpoint that can not be finished if you're running a comp of double melee. So awesome to get to the final boss in False Emperor and not be able to finish this stupid crap because we can't knock back the boss off the ledge.

Super appreciate all the great Q&A you guys have done to ensure a quality gaming experience.

Tonoftw
01.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #2
If you have enough dps you can kill him outright, If he does his choke phase. If you burn him down during it, he wont go immune and will drop dead.
There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

Slomoshun
01.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #3
I've 1 shot that boss every time on HM since I first killed him..but I admit I haven't done him in a week so maybe he broke?

You need 2 knock backs, back to back.

He'll cast, first knock back interrupts, second knock back pushes him off.

If he cast's again before the second knock back then you did it wrong.

Are you doing this?

PS, this belongs in the Flashpoint/Operation thread..not general discussion.

Aleeha
01.15.2012 , 05:04 PM | #4
The boss becomes immune to damage so you're wrong in being able to burn the boss down with DPS. Furthermore, you have to knock the boss off the ledge and it can not be done with two marauders in the group.

Slomoshun
01.15.2012 , 05:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
The boss becomes immune to damage so you're wrong in being able to burn the boss down with DPS. Furthermore, you have to knock the boss off the ledge and it can not be done with two marauders in the group.
Or one Merc BH, if spec'd correctly.

Tonoftw
01.15.2012 , 05:09 PM | #6
Actually he doesnt cast his lightning if he still has somebody to choke and chase.. Many times we have had 1 of our members in the CC bout to be chased... And he has been killed during the chase. He does not go immune if he is preparing to chase people.
There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

Slomoshun
01.15.2012 , 05:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonoftw View Post
Actually he doesnt cast his lightning if he still has somebody to choke and chase.. Many times we have had 1 of our members in the CC bout to be chased... And he has been killed during the chase. He does not go immune if he is preparing to chase people.
Chase people? wth are you talking about.

-Tank boss against wall on steps everyone grouped up - avoids knockbacks/helps with healing.

-When he gets to w/e percent that phase 2 starts drag him to the edge, with the tanks back to a pillar, so he doesn't get knocked off.

-He casts "force lightning" or w/e it's called, do first knock-back which interrupts his cast, then IMMEDIATELY do second knock-back to push him off edge..

Very simple.

Aleeha
01.15.2012 , 05:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
I've 1 shot that boss every time on HM since I first killed him..but I admit I haven't done him in a week so maybe he broke?

You need 2 knock backs, back to back.

He'll cast, first knock back interrupts, second knock back pushes him off.

If he cast's again before the second knock back then you did it wrong.

Are you doing this?

PS, this belongs in the Flashpoint/Operation thread..not general discussion.
Double melee - marauder's do NOT have a knock back and we do not have a stun which will affect a boss. Smash only affects standard.

Slomoshun
01.15.2012 , 05:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
Double melee - marauder's do NOT have a knock back and we do not have a stun which will affect a boss. Smash only affects standard.
Get a proper group then? The boss requires 2 knock-backs I know that for a fact.

Aleeha
01.15.2012 , 05:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
Chase people? wth are you talking about.

-Tank boss against wall on steps everyone grouped up - avoids knockbacks/helps with healing.

-When he gets to w/e percent that phase 2 starts drag him to the edge, with the tanks back to a pillar, so he doesn't get knocked off.

-He casts "force lightning" or w/e it's called, do first knock-back which interrupts his cast, then IMMEDIATELY do second knock-back to push him off edge..

Very simple.
OMG, READ PLEASE, We do NOT have KNOCK BACKS as marauders.. What part of that isn't clear and you're not able to understand? We have two in our group and did not know when we started this that you can NOT have two melee dps in your group in order to complete this FP.

This is my gripe!!