Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service too bad to keep playing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Customer Service too bad to keep playing

Badem
01.16.2012 , 09:18 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MsChevious View Post
I have a strong suspicion that the customer service is outsourced and that is why it appears that they do not understand basic English.
Not outsourced, indeed it is based in Galway in Ireland, and they are recruiting for more Customer Service people.
This is the place of sand and sorrow. The order that looks so tasty but which you didn't order. This is the place where elephants come to die and whales sing their melancholic songs of oblivion.

GordonSchumway
01.16.2012 , 09:20 AM | #32
At least for the call center, it is outsourced to the Philippines.

I have spent maybe 15-20 hours before trying to get an account issue fixed, It was always the same process. Talk to the lowest level guy who understands almost no English, mispronounces letters even when you read them back to them at least 5 times, reads of a script and laughs at everything. Get transferred to the supervisor(after being on hold 1-2 hours) who speaks better English but says they really can't do anything, get transferred to someone who speaks better English(30 min to 1 hour wait), get all your info asked for the 5th time, get put on hold again, and then either A) Get brushed off saying they will fix itand it doesn't get fixed or B) Get transferred to someone with an English accent where something actually gets done.

Couldn't we just cut out all the 3rd world countries and go to the last step from the beginning. As much fun as it is to spend 1/4 of my day on a phone I would rather be doing things like actually playing.

btw not putting any race or country down, just saying that if I call a place that gives customer service in English, I except them to at least have a basic mastery of the language. I know there are options for French and German and I wonder if they have to go through the same nonsense or if they just get transferred to a Call Center in their own country.

With so much invested in the game game, there is absolutely 0 reason to start cheaping out now on something that is so important. I hope they get this mess fixed because it has left a really bad taste in my mouth. When I go to the Organa Palace in Alderaan, I get unconscious shivers because the music is the same as the hold music from the CS line.

Viareggio
01.16.2012 , 09:21 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
If it happened after 6 months or a year It would be a different story. I'm not sure why people sign up for games when they're first launched and expect things to go smooth as silk though.
Do you expect them to improve their CS? That is quite... optimistic.

Did you know European ingame agents do not even understand English? They are probably from some remote Eastern European country and get paid 1 euro per day to work on something they do not know in a foreign language they have never even studied at school.

From their pathetic answers you can tell they do not even play the game. They just click buttons to send random automatic responses.

Now tell me, how do you improve that?

Dasffion
01.16.2012 , 09:22 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Swampfot View Post
There is a reason for the saying "The customer is always right". Basically it is a win-win for both you and the customer. The customer is happy and you get more sales.

Just look at why Blizzard is taking their time releasing their games. They never release a game too soon. They don't want people to be frustrated about bugs and get angry. They get a good reputation and people will buy coming games they wouldn't normally touch due to knowing the quality of the product.

Same could be said for BW before TOR. There are probably many that still think that way, but those that get bad CS will probably be hesitant to buy stuff from BW again.
Because Blizzard games never have bugs? That's why I was stuck in Combat for about an hour yesterday and the only thing that fixed it was hearthing? Seriously, a 7 year old game has bugs in something as simple as when you are in combat and you guys expect no bugs at launch? That's besides the point though, you're talking about not releasing games too soon, ALL of Blizzards games had plenty of bugs when they were released.

Parkerdude
01.16.2012 , 09:22 AM | #35
Of all the things there are tickets out there you somehow thought yours was a priority?

Dude you completed the quest, you didn't get to see a couple lines of dialogue, seriously not the end of the world, move on.

It's pointless tickets like these that are getting the whole system backed up.

Miyaka
01.16.2012 , 09:25 AM | #36
If it happened after 6 months or a year It would be a different story. I'm not sure why people sign up for games when they're first launched and expect things to go smooth as silk though.
People have an expectation of bugs and queues....that's perfectly within the norm.
But the ONE thing that doesn't have to be bugged or glitched or controlled by code is customer service.
It doesn't have to be bad and it shouldn't. Awesome CS is one of the very few things that can and should be there at launch. Quite honestly quality CS makes bugs and such more tolerable.

There really is no excuse for it, especially from a company as large as Bioware.
This isn't some upstart indie company that no one has heard of. This is a world class company that has made TONS of amazing games.
As such....people have expectations of such a company.
◀|▒|▒|▒|▒|ξ∞ξ|▒|▒|▒|▒| ███████████████████████████████)

Dasffion
01.16.2012 , 09:30 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyaka View Post
People have an expectation of bugs and queues....that's perfectly within the norm.
But the ONE thing that doesn't have to be bugged or glitched or controlled by code is customer service.
It doesn't have to be bad and it shouldn't. Awesome CS is one of the very few things that can and should be there at launch. Quite honestly quality CS makes bugs and such more tolerable.

There really is no excuse for it, especially from a company as large as Bioware.
This isn't some upstart indie company that no one has heard of. This is a world class company that has made TONS of amazing games.
As such....people have expectations of such a company.
The problem being is that people are submitting multiple tickets daily about bugs and stuff that can't be handled by CS. Once this calms down things will be better.

That's not to say things couldn't be better now, I don't think it was a good idea to combine the Customer Service tickets with the bug report tickets but I still don't think it's a valid reason to quit. That's just my opinion of course.

Swampfot
01.16.2012 , 09:30 AM | #38
Because Blizzard games never have bugs? That's why I was stuck in Combat for about an hour yesterday and the only thing that fixed it was hearthing? Seriously, a 7 year old game has bugs in something as simple as when you are in combat and you guys expect no bugs at launch? That's besides the point though, you're talking about not releasing games too soon, ALL of Blizzards games had plenty of bugs when they were released.
Ofc all games have bugs when they are released. It is pretty impossible to remove all bugs from a game, and it is definately not worth spending the time to iron out the last few 0.1%.

However, there shouldn't be any major gamebreaking bugs left. AND if there is a big bug it should be addressed immediately. If CS can't help you with it then they should say it is being worked on. Blizzard/BW/other should inform everyone in the forums that they are fixing it. The absolute worst thing they can do is close the ticket without fixing it or explaining what is going on.

You might not like Blizzard support but I bet their trackrecord with WoW beats what BW has done here in TOR.

Deltacrux
01.16.2012 , 09:31 AM | #39
The problem being is that people are submitting multiple tickets daily about bugs and stuff that can't be handled by CS. Once this calms down things will be better.
Why do people keep making excuses for EA/BioWare? Cognitive Dissonance? Mind boggling.

Dasffion
01.16.2012 , 09:32 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Deltacrux View Post
Why do people keep making excuses for EA/BioWare? Cognitive Dissonance? Mind boggling.
Realism.