Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Sage - Balance vs Telekenetic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Jedi Sage - Balance vs Telekenetic

MidnightsRequiem
01.15.2012 , 03:27 PM | #1
CUrrently I've just hit level 40. Love sage, having a blast with it, but I was curious, which tree is better for pveing and leveling? I've gone a bit of a hybrid, most points into balance with a few in tele, mostly for telekinetic wave. However I was curious as to if the top spells from either tree are worth going full into one or the other for? Any thoughts or suggestions?

KennethHoover
01.15.2012 , 03:50 PM | #2
I am TK and it seems to be doing well for me in PVE. I am not as high level as you are, though, just 29.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

MidnightsRequiem
01.16.2012 , 07:13 PM | #3
Bump. Anyone higher leveled's opinions to Telekenetics? I'm usually leveling with 2 friends of mine that do alot of burst, and my current build seems more centered around Dots

NogbadAC
01.16.2012 , 07:23 PM | #4
Telekinetics is fun, though the 13/28 build is theorized to be the DPS at the moment.

Basically in my opinion it comes down to do you like spamming disturbance for your regen or do you like spamming Tk Throw?

TK in my opinion probably has more burst. However, Balance spec, specifically the 13/28, seems to out damage it both in pve and pvp right now.

neeman
01.16.2012 , 07:42 PM | #5
A previous thread on TK for your consideration: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173593

FYI, switched to the 0/13/28 build soon after that post. More utility and it seems to me like more damage, especially with TK Momentum being broken.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

AdamLKvist
01.16.2012 , 08:21 PM | #6
Pure TK is ahead of pure Balance in PvE (TK is close to useless compared to balance in PvP though)

Some argue that a hybrid build is 'the' way to go right now. No combat logs will however make that quite problematic to actually prove other than the actual feel and limited numbers to it all.

siruis
01.18.2012 , 10:51 AM | #7
Can someone here please post this 0/13/28 spec and also the best order to use moves/skills and thanks!

xocgx
01.18.2012 , 11:22 AM | #8
I would like to see it as well. I'm only lvl 14, and have so far gone purely balanced, but if I had a good idea of this build you speak of, I would certainly plan for it!

NogbadAC
01.18.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfcM0dZcMfRsMkrc.1 is your standard 13/28.

basically you keep weaken mind up as much as possible, prioritize your PoM procs for mind crush over tk wave, I FiB on cooldown and fill in the gaps with tk throw. It's a very simplistic and honestly boring build to play. But the damage cannot be beat at this point in time by any other build.

Edit: It's also important to note that this build can suffer from force management issues. I've been testing it on raid content. I'm uncertain that I would recommend it for endgame.

EbbnFlow
01.18.2012 , 01:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NogbadAC View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfcM0dZcMfRsMkrc.1 is your standard 13/28.

basically you keep weaken mind up as much as possible, prioritize your PoM procs for mind crush over tk wave, I FiB on cooldown and fill in the gaps with tk throw. It's a very simplistic and honestly boring build to play. But the damage cannot be beat at this point in time by any other build.
^^ this. I leveled with this build and pvped for a week with it after I hit 50. I was always top damage but it was mind numbingly boring and shallow.

I went seer a few days later. The healing rotations have much more freedom, experimentation and less "8-year-old-button-spammer-syndrome" than the TK or balance damage counterparts. Granted it's healing, which is 10X harder than any damage class when it comes to maintaining an open field of vision (no tunnel vision), keeping one eye on your HP and one eye on your teammates, broken tab targeting, ctrl modifiers break the camera panning, keeping the node capper dotted, etc etc.
Please fix tab targeting!