Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Currently How To Make The Most Credits In The Game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Currently How To Make The Most Credits In The Game

gbroon
06.20.2012 , 02:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NoaFlux View Post
buying other peoples things and reselling them should be banned.
Sure lets not buy low sell high. It is only one of the fundamental rules of both in game and real world trading.

gbroon
06.20.2012 , 03:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Almar View Post
First step is to drop two Crew Skills and pick up Underworld Trading and Bioanalysis. With Underworld Trading you are going to be running primarily Companion Gift Missions all the way up until you can start collecting Grade 5 and 6 Fabric/Metals. Don't bother running the Silk/Metal missions under Grade 5/6 as you won't even be able to sell them on the Auction House. Any and all Companion Gifts you get give to your Companions to increase their affection level. If you want to see what gifts your Companion likes take a look at my Companion Affection guide here.
I make quite a bit from low level metal missions, you get less per item but still more than enough to make money and the missions are faster to run.

Quote:
list all of the Bioanalysis materials you gather on the Auction House once their stack reaches about 20 to 30. The main reason you don't want to wait until 99 is because it's more common that people will buy stacks of 20 or 30 than 99. You can wait until 99 though if your Auction House is getting kinda full and you don't have an alt you can send your materials to.
Its easy to split stacks why would I bother rushing to the auction every 20-30.

Quote:
While you're running missions for materials I recommend you don't stray very far from the Auction House. The materials you are gathering sell very quickly so it's important to keep anything new you gather up on the Auction House. Also since you can only have 50 items up at once that makes overcrowding for your inventory a very common issue. At least for the first 200 points you want to stay as close to the Auction House as possible, after that you can head out to Ilum and do your dailies or whatever it is that you do.
TIP: As I mentioned before, just run PvP Warzones while you stand in front of the Auction House to list your items after each Warzone.
Either I sell then now or later, why would I be bothered about putting items on as fast as possible.

Quote:
As far as pricing goes I usually go with what the Auction House says since it's so damn hard to search for something... The only way I ever change the price that the Auction House gives me is if the item sells extremely quick after a few times of listing it. From leveling Underworld Trading to 320 and Bioanalysis to 320 you should have made about 50k after selling most of the items you got on the Auction House. If you're at all interested in seeing a list of items that you will be gathering from Bioanalysis and selling click here. Also, here is a list of Underworld Trading materials you will be gathering, although you'll only be selling the Grade 5 and 6 materials from that list.
If I don't have any idea what to sell for I go with roughly 2x the cost of running a moderate mission for that item as a minimum with extra for critted items.

Quote:
This part is extremely simple since mainly you're just going to be farming missions the entire time. What you want to do is run Bioanalysis missions for Grade 5 and 6 materials until you're blue in the face. Literally. Stock up on about 250 - 300 of all the different materials as well as keeping at least 50 of them up on the Auction House at all times. The main reason you want to do this with Bioanalysis is because of the great Biochem reroll that is going on now. Almost everyone is switching to Biochem since it has tons of Reusable items available to it. If you'd like to learn more about them and what materials they require click here.
Its not reusables that are driving continuous demand its the blue quality items. People will generally make or buy one reusable for themselves then never buy another for that character. People without biochem buy the blues. Still the mats will be in demand. In 1.3 though there should also be a demand for grade 6 scavenging/arch materials for people making items to get augment slots.

Quote:
You want to stock pile tons of these items, especially the Grade 6 materials since most players aren't at endgame yet, meaning the market for these items has not even started!! Also if you're level 50 you can run around Ilum at the same time and gather Bioanalysis materials (also if you have an additional gathering Crew Skill you can gather those materails too!) The best split that I have found to running missions is the following...
!
When was this written, most people are endgame and Ilum is generally ignored now.

About the only good advice is
Quote:
you will want to run any Bioanalysis missions that reward you with "Bioanalysis Samples" or "Bioanalysis Compounds".
but that's a no-brainer anyway as the other ones give crafting items available from the crew skills vendor.

YanksfanJP
06.20.2012 , 03:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Frostbyt View Post
stoped reading after he said he lists items for the gtn suggested price
I stopped reading when he said not to run UWT missions below level 5, since I make a fortune selling even the level 1 metals.

oh, and FAIL NECRO
I'm not arrogant. I'm just aware of my greatness.

GnatB
06.20.2012 , 05:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gbroon View Post
I make quite a bit from low level metal missions, you get less per item but still more than enough to make money and the missions are faster to run.
May want to check your times, unless I'm misremembering, most gift missions take about half the time the equivelent difficulty mat mission takes.

That being said, yeah. Most of what that guide says isn't valid... anymore. But it's also ~5 months out of date. Things were way different back then.

Pearasite
06.21.2012 , 08:28 AM | #15
Almar's Guides have always been fail.

I stopped trying to find decent info on anything there at the end of January, when i discovered it. The guides lack any real substance. For example, you want to find out where to go to farm Red Goo or something and all they tell you is that low level planets have low level mats and high level planets have the higher level mats. Well duh!

Still debating whether I want to bonk the original poster on the head more than the 5 month necromancer that revived this thread.