Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints, Heroics, and Areas Ruined

patoman
01.16.2012 , 10:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by chnima View Post
I hope this helps you if you are just sitting on the fleet spamming on general chat LFG X. You may already know what Im about to say but judging by the amount of people whining about the absence of LFG system makes me think most that come to forums have no idea about this.

The fastest way to get a group is using the WHO list. If you type a number like 40 or 50 it will show you a list of people of that level wherever they may be in the world. Also typing a planet where you know people of the level you are looking for will be . For example you wanna go cademimu you type tatooine and it will show you a list of people generally around lvl 30(it's easier just to type a number though) Then you just ctrl+c a message like hello, wanna go to x? and whisper paste it to every1 you want individually (just care to not paste it twice to the same person... spamming the same guy isn't the purpose )

This is also for all the people complaining about the absence of a LFG system. Next to A) a mind reader that scans the entire online population and automatically groups you up and B) creating something like a PVE channel that any1 can join whichever planet they may be on, what I described is by far the fastest way of putting a group together.

I am POSITIVE I'm not saying anything new for the majority of players, but again, judging by the complaints on forums(and yes i know a very minor part of the player base posts on forums) this may help people who say they can't find groups by spamming the chat on the fleet.
That this is even considered as a legitimate way of finding a group for a instance shows how much of a gaping void was left for finding groups.

Lets go through the very convenient options

Option 1. spam imperial fleet general chat dozens of times over 30 mins
Option 2 reroll char on different server (days/weeks spend grinding same char again)
option 3 check a planet of same level and privet chat every person to find people to do instance (numbering a dozens to a hundred or so)

Fizbanic
01.16.2012 , 10:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by zz-man View Post
I like SWTOR, I like it alot. Its a fun game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. Or at least I did...

As of the last week, I have been unable to perform any Flashpoint, Heroic, or Area because of the inability to find a group. When I first joined my server, the population was abundant and doings group missions we're easy. But in the past 2 weeks the servers population had rapidly declined, and now any group scenarious are impossible. I am running out of singleplayer quests to do on planets to visit for my level, and I'm soon going to have to start grinding on NPCs.

Now alot of you are saying "HERP DERP RE-ROLL YOUR CHARACTER ON ANOTHER SERVER". The thing is, I've put hours of effort into my character, my companions skill, and I am also thoroughly enjoying the story. Why should I have to do that again because of something thats beyond my control. Something that could easily fixed with something like a character transfer.

Every day I become more frusterated with my situation and see less people. I'm considering just asking for my money back or waiting for the devs to make transfers available. Which will probably be several months from now.

I'm sure some Admin is now going to come in and redirect me to that giant cluster**** of a thread about character transfer where they tell anyone who's unhappy to go so they don't have to deal with realising their game has a crucial flaw.

Go ahead, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything from this thread anyway. I just wanted to vent my frustration. If you excuse me I have to kill Tusken Raiders...over...and over again...
Okay notice what I put in bold up above. This indicates to me that you are exaggerating. Why may you ask?

No matter what character that I am playing I have always ended up higher then what the quests requires and the quest goes green to me.

I never bothered with the H2's other then the hutta ones, I only did a warzone at level 11, I only did 2 FP's, BT and Hammer. Yet all the way up to 50 I never finished all the quests (never bothered with the bonus series), and I still was able to level through questing.

So there is no way at all that you can tell me that to level you will be grinding out mobs ala old school EQ style.

Edit, at this point in time there are 13 Light servers, 1 full, 3 very Heavy and the rest are mixed Heavy or Standard.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

Shammus
01.16.2012 , 10:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zz-man View Post
I like SWTOR, I like it alot. Its a fun game that I thoroughly enjoy playing. Or at least I did...

As of the last week, I have been unable to perform any Flashpoint, Heroic, or Area because of the inability to find a group. When I first joined my server, the population was abundant and doings group missions we're easy. But in the past 2 weeks the servers population had rapidly declined, and now any group scenarious are impossible. I am running out of singleplayer quests to do on planets to visit for my level, and I'm soon going to have to start grinding on NPCs.

Now alot of you are saying "HERP DERP RE-ROLL YOUR CHARACTER ON ANOTHER SERVER". The thing is, I've put hours of effort into my character, my companions skill, and I am also thoroughly enjoying the story. Why should I have to do that again because of something thats beyond my control. Something that could easily fixed with something like a character transfer.

Every day I become more frusterated with my situation and see less people. I'm considering just asking for my money back or waiting for the devs to make transfers available. Which will probably be several months from now.

I'm sure some Admin is now going to come in and redirect me to that giant cluster**** of a thread about character transfer where they tell anyone who's unhappy to go so they don't have to deal with realising their game has a crucial flaw.

Go ahead, to be honest I wasn't expecting anything from this thread anyway. I just wanted to vent my frustration. If you excuse me I have to kill Tusken Raiders...over...and over again...

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

AS OF me posting that link you can see that at least in the US almost all the servers have a heavy population only about 5 have a light

later on in the evening that will change to the EU side and it will reverse.

also as mentioned above if you do the side quests theres absolutely no way to be unleveled, its mathematically impossible I hit 50 and still haven't done all the quests.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT