Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Number of Tanks in Raids

Pinchy_
01.15.2012 , 01:13 PM | #1
All raid content should require 2 tanks 8 man, 4 tanks 16 man.

Right now only 1 melee is viable in 8 man due to badly thought out mechanics.

On top of the gripes already caused by bugged and limited content the ranged bias in the game will push anyone who wanted to be melee with lightsaber out of the game.
';,,;'

Too many Bobby Koticks in this industry that care too much about the casual locusts that consume and move.

Syben
01.15.2012 , 01:38 PM | #2
4 Tanks for 16? Yeah, No. It should be 2 for both though, and I do agree on the ranged Bias.

Moodsie
01.15.2012 , 01:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinchy_ View Post

On top of the gripes already caused by bugged and limited content the ranged bias in the game will push anyone who wanted to be melee with lightsaber out of the game.
While I agree that Ranged have an advantage over Melee at the moment, we have been running with 2 sometimes 3 melee in our 8 man group, and have had zero issues on what we have been up against so far, but it definatly requires more skill to be melee on some fights right now.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Auilt
01.15.2012 , 02:09 PM | #4
Yeah because every MMO out there requires similar. Everyone knows for 25-mans in WoW you bring 5 tanks.

Blackhalo
01.15.2012 , 02:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinchy_ View Post

Since when is ranged bias not the norm.? I myself hate that everything seems to be bias against melee but It usually always ends up that way. This is nothing new.
The Seventh Legion

MorbidAri
01.15.2012 , 02:14 PM | #6
Why do we need that many tanks? Are you just upset because you and everyone else rolled Jugg?

Mynden
01.15.2012 , 02:25 PM | #7
I would agree they need to be consistent on tank requirements, though not needing 4. to only require 20 percent of the fights require a 2nd tank is silly. Even if you have dual spec to minimize the waste of time respeccing if you want to min max, it presents major logistical problems when it comes to gearing. should that player take dps gear first since they are doing that 80 percent of the time? or should they take tank gear since tanking is highly gear dependent to enable you to take the hits? I was just having this convo with my gm this morning, and it quite frankly sucks. If some fights are going to require 2 tanks, the majority of the fights need to require 2 tanks. Right now the percentage is so small it's more irritating than anything else. I wouldnt recommend only requiring 1, as your tank population for other aspects of the game will plummet.
http://www.swtorcatalyst.com

Catalyst- Hardcore results with casual commitment

Dalwyn
01.15.2012 , 02:49 PM | #8
Yep fill the raid with ranged and its win.
Malvious - Juggernaut

Miothan
01.15.2012 , 02:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dalwyn View Post
Yep fill the raid with ranged and its win.
+1

Really bad design tho.
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

PhoenixMatrix
01.15.2012 , 04:03 PM | #10
Or, you know, maybe the game shouldn't use that dumb lazy enrage timer mechanic and rockband-style skills exclusively for raids, and all around have better designs like many non-wow-clones have. Same with the class design.

Then 8-16 people of any random class put together, as long as you dont have too much duplication, could do any content of the game if they're good.