Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Colicoid Wargames: antithesis of what a flashpoint should be

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Colicoid Wargames: antithesis of what a flashpoint should be

Shammus
01.16.2012 , 03:40 AM | #11
the turrets fire in bursts, this is the way they fire.. if you're having problems with the turrets I have my group point them inwards so you can see the other three players on your team. and can defend them.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Uzilara
01.16.2012 , 04:42 AM | #12
just did colicoid yesterday evening for the first time with 3 friends and yes we wiped 4-5 times in the first turret round because 1 person had troubles with targeting the mobs, but the 2nd round was a 1-shot...just have your healer jump out his/her cannon to heal you up and it's really easy.

as for the barrier game, we had fun doing that as it required a little bit of coordination, which is a nice change from the usual routine in instances.

only the last boss was kinda dull...just tank and move immediately out of the red circle...doh

SySnootles
01.16.2012 , 04:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kemorand View Post
Never do this kind of Flashpoint again please.

1) You CANNOT have a group situation where success or failure rests on not the characters, but 100% on the players behind it, at least in a MMORPG. That's against the very definition of it.

2) NEVER, EVER, make it so the roles we all picked and played, the gear we all amassed, are not even a factor in a group situation. That should be obvious and a real no brainer, but apparently some genius mind over at Bioware just didn't get the memo. This can be great solo (like space battles) but not in a group situation.

3) If you do mini-games, make 100% sure that they are very responsive. The turrets in there are just not. Their rate of fire sometimes stops, then start again, for no reason whatsoever. The delay between aiming toward an enemy and the turret actually picking it up is also horrible.

4) Remove this Flashpoint from the Dailies.

As it is now, unless you have a specific group of people you KNOW can handle this (and want to), the entire turret part is a waste of time and space and since the Colicoids Drones can shoot through walls (yay!), you can't even just farm them old fashion style.
What are you talking about? Iīve done this with countless pugs... and not a single wipe. Itīs a fun little flashpoint and easy enough to do.

Bandrashu
01.16.2012 , 07:31 AM | #14
I think this FP is fun. A bit different from the oter ones but it is a bit refreshing as well. You need to cooperate a bit. There is nothing wrong with that.

We failed a few times with the turrets but then we fugured out how to work together and then did the 2 turret phases easily.

The rest of the FP is fun as well. The barrier game is also interesting imo.

On the other hand i can understand why this fp can be interesting/more diffuclt for pugs.

ChunkyThunder
01.16.2012 , 07:40 AM | #15
Never had a problem with this Flashpoint, in fact I rather enjoyed something different. Nice to see something that makes people actually have to communicate, like they should on an MMO, work together instead of sit in silence and steamroll content just to get loot, even if it is a simple puzzle. The turret bit I'm not a huge fan of, but still, it was different and incredibly easy in my opinion so I'm not going to complain about free loot either.

If you're having issues with it, though I can't understand why, this is only optional content - just move on.

elumarom
01.16.2012 , 07:47 AM | #16
The turret section can be difficult at start, but once you figure out that you put 1 healer in middle and use 3 turrets to shoot the bugs it become really easy, and to make it even easier have the turret guys turn over and shoot over each others heads, that way the turrets works better too.

Requimo
01.16.2012 , 09:32 AM | #17
TL DR: Make all flashpoints more roflstomp accesible.

You are a joke.

I did this with a pug. We wiped twice on the turret part, after first wipe we figured out how turrets worked and after the second wipe we left the healer out, it was a breeze afterwards.

Also the rest of the flashpoint is really fun, I laughted a lot when we stranded each other behind the force fields and the mechanics were quite good.

It was an original flashpoint at least, if you really want yet another mindless dpsfest flashpoint you can always skip this one, honestly I don't know why are you crying here. My group was not formed from geniuses, we just needed english to communicate and we all did speak it.

Alcarinn
01.16.2012 , 11:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kemorand View Post
Never do this kind of Flashpoint again please.

1) You CANNOT have a group situation where success or failure rests on not the characters, but 100% on the players behind it, at least in a MMORPG. That's against the very definition of it.

Basically what you just said is '' i want game to be easier since my teams brains do not work well and me and my teams IQ combined does not go above 100....''

GG

l2p use brain and play if you wipe twice learning it wont kill you besides you can skip it.

its a great noob destroyer... mostly only noobs are angry on it... the responsivness of turret is a problem but that makes it fun cos noobs are incapable but people with IQ above home temperature overcome the challange and laugh on noobs and idiots

boomdead
01.16.2012 , 11:49 AM | #19
Although there should be some better explanation or indication for how the turrets work at the start, overall this FP was my (and my buddies') favorite. Catwalk knockback puzzle area was just great, really let you play around with one of the few awesome mechanics this game has.

Berree
01.16.2012 , 12:08 PM | #20
yea my problem is not with the difficulty its with the design .

1 let the players actually trigger the shots

2 give the turrets a dismount button so you don't accidentally get off

3 Turret movement may be to sensitive, I run with my mouse sensitivity pretty high and the first time i used a turret I was all over the place lol

4 and make the actually shooting more smooth the shots seemed very random i.e sometime it shot fast then others seemed very slow