Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RuQu's PvE Combat Medic Guide (Updated for 1.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
RuQu's PvE Combat Medic Guide (Updated for 1.2)

Wyrmion
02.05.2012 , 01:30 PM | #21
Thank you sirů.. THANK YOU! You are being bookmarked as a homepage!
Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

RuQu
02.05.2012 , 05:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wyrmion View Post
Thank you sirů.. THANK YOU! You are being bookmarked as a homepage!
Heh, you are very welcome. Glad it was helpful.

RuQu
02.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #23
As the regular readers of this thread know, I've been working on the problem of Alacrity for a while now.

It occurred to me earlier today that while the exact HPS value from Alacrity will vary with all of your stats, the number of AP and MP casts you can get in during a fixed number of casts depends only on Alacrity. Since those are our heavy hitters, and the only abilities limited by our Ammo, we can expect our HPS changes to mirror the changes in total AP+MP cast counts.

So that's what I did. I ran my rotation simulator for every value of 0-400 Alacrity, in increments of 5.

The Results!

That table shows the change in HPS as a percentage of the 0 Alacrity HPS (HPS_X/HPS_0) in blue, and shows the total number of times either Adv. Medical Probe or Medical Probe were cast in red. You can see that the trends are closely correlated.

So where is the peak? Soft Cap? What number do I need?!

Calm down, I'm getting there.

So here are the ratings, aim to be within the peaks, and do not exceed the cap.
0/2 First Responder + 0/2 Weapon Calibrations, 0% from Skills
4.7-5.55% Peak: 141-166 Alacrity Rating
11.7-12.6% Peak: 401-443 Alacrity Rating
16.7% Cap: 657 Alacrity Rating
2/2 First Responder + 0/2 Weapon Calibrations, 5% from Skills
4.7-5.55% Peak: 0-15 Alacrity Rating
11.7-12.6% Peak: 205-237 Alacrity Rating
16.7% Cap: 400 Alacrity Rating
2/2 First Responder + 1/2 Weapon Calibrations, 7% from Skills
4.7-5.55% Peak: already above it
11.7-12.6% Peak: 139-168 Alacrity Rating
16.7% Cap: 315 Alacrity Rating
2/2 First Responder + 2/2 Weapon Calibrations, 9% from Skills
4.7-5.55% Peak: already above it
11.7-12.6% Peak: 79-104 Alacrity Rating
16.7% Cap: 239 Alacrity Rating

The easiest is clearly 2/2 First Responder, with 0-15 Alacrity. If you get stuck with otherwise great gear and can't shake the Alacrity, try respeccing so your rating falls into one of the other peaks. Do NOT exceed the 16.7% cap. It is not a goal, it is the limit at which Alacrity starts to greatly hurt you. The goal is to be in one of those peaks.

Beyoncia
02.08.2012 , 01:18 PM | #24
You calculations is wrong. Alacrity conversion caps out at 30% before buffs/skill bonuses.

RuQu
02.08.2012 , 01:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyoncia View Post
You calculations is wrong. Alacrity conversion caps out at 30% before buffs/skill bonuses.
The equation for Alacrity is:

CastTime*(1-(AlacSkill/100)-0.3*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((AlacRat/max(Level,20))/0.55)))

Or, easier to read: 1 - PercentFromSkillsAndBuffs - PercentFromRating

The coefficient, 0.3 in front of the exponential for the rating is the 30% cap from rating, and does not effect the amount from skills and buffs. What exactly are you saying is wrong? It looks to me like the equations match what you said.

*edit* I think I see what you are getting at, you think I was saying in that post that Alacrity caps out at 16.7%.

No, what I was saying was that you lose HPS beyond that point. I have made some changes and will be updating those numbers once I'm satisfied that the results are more accurate, but it is looking like 25% total alacrity from buffs and rating produces a sharp drop in HPS, by fitting an extra AP into SCC and therefore dropping you into lower post SCC regen. While you could simply not cast that AP and therefore avoid the drop, what is the purpose of that level of Alacrity, then? So the drop, while a good player would know to not cast it in game and therefore avoid the drop, indicates where no more benefit is obtained.

But, as I said, I am currently reworking those numbers to find where that point is. I don't think it is 16.7%, but until I have better numbers it is easier to leave it as it was.

RuQu
02.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #26
I am pretty confident with my new numbers for Alacrity, so I updated that section and the builds in light of the following:
Quote:

I have done a great deal of work examining Alacrity for Combat Medics. In the end, I realized that our maximum benefit with Alacrity would correspond to our maximum usage of the only abilities that used it, AP and MP. Due to poor scaling, fitting in extra HS does not add enough HPS to offset the opportunity cost (HS scales at 1 * Bonus Healing, compared to 2.72 for MP).

I have been doing a lot of work trying to model Alacrity and how it benefits us. I eventually had to convert the Stat Calculator linked above into C++ so I could run multiple iterations. I am fairly confident of the results, but please, if you can point out problems, do so (politely) so we can get the best data possible.

The results of running a 300 cast rotation with 0-39% cast time reduction can be seen here. The blue line is the total number of AP and MP casts, which closely follows our HPS, as can be seen in this plot of HPS and Cast Count vs Alacrity. There are two spikes on these graphs, and it is worth pointing out that while the HPS value does depend on the rest of your gear, the Cast Count value does not, so these peaks should be universal.

The first peak is at 0-2.5%, and the later peak is at 14.5-16.5% (do not exceed 16.5, it plummets sharper on that edge!) 14.5-16.5% Alacrity is 165-230 Alacrity rating, with 9% from skill tree choices. Zero, Low, and High Alacrity builds are linked above. Depending on skill tree choices (0%, 2%, 9%) your Alacrity rating caps will be 70, 13, and 165-230, respectively. Do NOT exceed the caps.

pbook
02.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #27
Do your caps for alacrity change at all once you count in the 4 piece? -1.5s CD on advance medical probe and -3s CD on bacta infusion.

I doubt they'd change at all, but I'd like your opinion since you seem to know these numbers very well !
Cool, Mercenary on Veela.

RuQu
02.12.2012 , 05:43 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by pbook View Post
Do your caps for alacrity change at all once you count in the 4 piece? -1.5s CD on advance medical probe and -3s CD on bacta infusion.

I doubt they'd change at all, but I'd like your opinion since you seem to know these numbers very well !
They do not. I am currently busy converting to C++ since that gives me a lot more flexibility than Google Docs. I'll put that on my list of things to test when I can.

RuQu
02.13.2012 , 04:17 PM | #29
GUI version is up and functioning.

Added upgrade comparison.

Added stat weight calculations.

Working for Combat Medics, Bodyguards, and tanks.

It can be found and downloaded here.

RuQu
02.13.2012 , 07:00 PM | #30
Fixed a little bug....upgrade calculator values should be working better now.