Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

Leggomy
01.15.2012 , 01:40 PM | #11
Ive gotten to the point if I see "account cancelled" in the subject or the body I wont help. Also you cant be bothered to read the FAQ and post your request properly again ignored for the most part. I dont get why people think its ok to come in here and be hostile to everyone, not follow the rules for asking in the first place and then say they have already cancelled.

lpetru
01.15.2012 , 01:44 PM | #12
As somebody replied before already, I too think it is a CPU issue. I had 5-10 fps in warzones and it was unplayable. Now I changed CPU and motherboard and i get 20-30 fps in warzones on everything low, shadows off, 1024x768, and it is playable, without a dedicated graphics card. Just using the integrated Intel HD 2000. My system now has Intel Pentium G860 @3GHz, 4GB RAM.
I think currently probably no GPU will help you, until they fix this cpu issue. But I understand that buying a new cpu is not something people would like to do, just because of one game. I wanted to upgrade my system anyway, and here I just want to let know the improvement I noticed. (for info, I previously had Intel Core2 Duo E4300 @1.8GHz).

Jabatheruss
01.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Ive gotten to the point if I see "account cancelled" in the subject or the body I wont help. Also you cant be bothered to read the FAQ and post your request properly again ignored for the most part. I dont get why people think its ok to come in here and be hostile to everyone, not follow the rules for asking in the first place and then say they have already cancelled.
Lol, like you actually help more than you troll.
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just dont have as many people who believe it.

Kirkkh
01.15.2012 , 01:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
I think your just worried about your server pop's land sliding. No one is being hostile. Well except maybe you.

namoni
01.15.2012 , 02:01 PM | #15
I myself am using a 9800 GT with an AMD X2 255 3.10 Ghz Processor with Win 7 x 64
and 4 gigs RAM and I have no issues with framerates. I run warzones just fine and there
is no drop in framerate for me while doing them.
Age of Conan had an issue similar with Dual Core CPU's so we'd set the affinity to use just one core. Maybe if you set your affinity to use 2 cores instead of 4 it may help.
Namoni Flyingmist - Guild Officer
FHA - Valcyn
--------------
IMP-Bloodfin

Leggomy
01.15.2012 , 02:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirkkh View Post
I think your just worried about your server pop's land sliding. No one is being hostile. Well except maybe you.
I wish they would slide a little more. Last night I had almost an hour wait to get in.

RedPands
01.15.2012 , 02:08 PM | #17
I find this funny. I know I have a terrible computer. I run about a 5 fps average on my computer but I get through it and people complain when they run 20 fps in quests and 10 in warzones. I run about 3 in warzones. I get over it I expect this game to not run good on my junk laptop
We are not running away... just making a tactical advance in the other direction
Diddett - 55 PT Didet - 55 Sorc Lizu - 55 Op Didumz - 55 Sniper Raalwa - 55 Sage Patient'bear - 55 Marauder Talcano - 55 Assassin

Marzelias
01.15.2012 , 09:16 PM | #18
Well thanks for the suggestions/support!!
-----------

Im trying to figure out what to do here. Im in the middle of reinstalling the game. My computer runs/boots great. I can have iTunes, WoW fullscreen, and google Chrome with 40-60+ tabs open and it screams. Its a custom built PC, so it doesnt have any OEM bloatware to slow it down, and I already have the msconfig startup stripped down.

I forgot to mention that I added an extra fan that takes up 2 pci bays and sits right next to the GPU. Im monitoring the temperature, and its 30C idle, 50C full load. That's pretty good.

Im contemplating getting a new CPU, but normally when a CPU has issues, its effects are noticed in many other ways, besides a very specific "run like crap when SWTOR runs" :P . Its an AM2/AM2+, so Its hard to find a local place to get a replacement since my MoBo wont take a socket AM3 processor (such as the Phenom II).

Reinstalling Windows is probably not going to happen. I just have way too much software and data to reload (the kind that doesnt just run perfectly out-of-the-box if you just run them out of a copied folder; the registries are very particular).

I really shouldn't have to be spending this much time and money to try to figure out tweaks and work-arounds to get the game barely playable,...

----
Im going to try reinstalling this off the CD's, but if that doesnt work, I'll try downloading the full install online. Im wondering if perhaps there is an installation issue with the CD installer creating corrupted files, possibly due to having to change CD's? (wild shot)

Sytholis
01.15.2012 , 09:27 PM | #19
I have read and am starting to believe that AMD is partially a problem. Not sure but I have many issues with this game fps wise, and I have two comps with similar problems both AMD's.

Sytholis
01.15.2012 , 09:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Is that all over the game or just in fleet/warzones? If its 100% the latter, its a known issue and is being investigated.
Renagadepimp where is that post at saying they are addressing the issues in warzones/imp fleet?