Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Account Cancelled: Terrible FPS after 3 video cards

Marzelias
01.15.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1
Im not paying for a game that I can't play. Literally. Can't do warzones, and I can't do some quests (spaceship quest AKA Javaal Fleet), and world pvp. The most terrible gaming experience I've ever had in my life. Content is good, and I wish I could play it because it looks like it could be fun.... IF it worked as intended.

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT- 1.2-3fps in Warzones (Unacceptable)
Nvidia GTX 275- 1.2-3fps in Warzones (Unacceptable)
Nvidia 550 Ti- 5-7fps in Warzones (Unacceptable)

AMD Quad Core @ 2.8Ghz
4GB memory

Lowest settings/off settings, 1280x1024 (on 24" monitor). Did all forum-specified tricks (shortcut compaticility, low-high-low, ini tweak, driver sweep, latest drivers, etc etc)

This needs to be addressed and acknowledged. This is appalling.

renegadeimp
01.15.2012 , 12:49 PM | #2
Is that all over the game or just in fleet/warzones? If its 100% the latter, its a known issue and is being investigated.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Marzelias
01.15.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
Oh.. AND I bought an extra fan that fits in 2 of the pci slot covers right underneath the GPU to give it more ventillation, to address any heat issues.

It happens in all over the world, not just pvp/warzones.

renegadeimp
01.15.2012 , 12:54 PM | #4
If its everywhere then theres something funky on your system. Have you tried a full clean boot and a full reinstall of all drivers?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

dingoperson
01.15.2012 , 12:55 PM | #5
This is CPU related and completely independent of graphics card.

TolaGarf
01.15.2012 , 12:57 PM | #6
I would bet it's not your GPU. My nephew has an old Intel i7-920 2.66 GHz CPU, and a nvidia GTX 260 768mb graphics card! Now this gfx card is freaking old! Still it runs the game flawless on low settings in both space, ground, and PvP.

JaMMIE
01.15.2012 , 01:10 PM | #7
Motherboard:
CPU Type QuadCore AMD Athlon II X4 640, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
AMD K10
System Memory 3912 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
DIMM1: 51264Y133I 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (512 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Monitor Beko VJAZ1 [32" LCD] (5250000000) 1280x1024

All most the same m8, my GFX are the same i get. all settings on High with shadow's Off..

100+fps in openworld
60-80fps in Flashpoints
20-35fps PvP
15-25 fps on Republic fleet..

But i would try a fresh install,, it fix's alot of problem's.

Kirkkh
01.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If its everywhere then theres something funky on your system. Have you tried a full clean boot and a full reinstall of all drivers?
Seriously, a clean install is not an answer. Why does every tech enthusiast insist that a clean install will help. Don't recommended someone go through the hassle of that ordeal. You know that's not going help.

stilaki
01.15.2012 , 01:33 PM | #9
i am wondering when these "fps/lag" complains will stop a little?
ppl have issues playing on computers wich are very decent...
on the other hand,maybe developers want to make all us "computer speciallists" cause all these days i have read all possible ways to "overclock" a PC... lol
Caution! low iq player (L.i.p.)

Lamuse
01.15.2012 , 01:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirkkh View Post
Seriously, a clean install is not an answer. Why does every tech enthusiast insist that a clean install will help. Don't recommended someone go through the hassle of that ordeal. You know that's not going help.
Maybe because it's like i've been saying, an unstable OS will just get worse with new software, new hardware and drivers.

Usually that's the last thing to do. I was running the game on a Core2Duo 2.66 with 8gb of ram witn no FPS issues at all, but after a fresh install of Windows on the computer.

My new machine, more than enough to play the game, fresh install of windows no problems at all with FPS anywhere I go

and this is with an ATI 5770 video card.