Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Patch Download speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Launcher Patch Download speed.

DarkenStareky
01.15.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1
I'm currently downloading the first patch at an average of 730 kb/s. Is this normal to everyone else? I know ISPs differ from everyone else, but it's killing me with these big patches.

Cryptor
01.15.2012 , 12:23 PM | #2
I'am in West Coast of Canada and getting almost 2MB/s here (varies from 1.2 to 1.94)

Very casual guild for players over the minimum age requirement of 25. We've been playing together since 1995, check us out at Gunbad.com

Sonofscathach
10.03.2012 , 04:41 PM | #3
Try 79kb/s

Took me 5 days to reinstall the game due to patches!

Kyriosgundam
10.03.2012 , 04:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonofscathach View Post
Try 79kb/s

Took me 5 days to reinstall the game due to patches!

Thats because they have added so many since you uninstalled the game from your machine thats why. Its weird though because I installed the game on a friends machine because he love computer games but not very knowlegeable on how to install them and it only took me 3 hours and thats with all the patches done so far.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

mariusenciu
11.19.2012 , 09:52 AM | #5
Hello,

I have just purchased the game, and my download speed like everyone else is around 200kb/s, I have read the multiple forum post about this problem and applied all recommended solutions, it is obvious that the problem is server side. It is also obvious that no one is doing anything about it. This is unacceptable. I will loose days of subscription because of the download speed. I must literally sped days downloading the game.
The easiest solution would be if Bioware would please post a torrent download option on the site, however I doubt they will. So I am calling to the community, if someone can post a torrent with game ISO's if possible that would help many of us a lot. If they will not help us let us help ourselves.

PLEASE REFFER TO THE FORUM TOPIC I HAVE CREATED FOR THIS PROBLEM MAYBE WE CAN DOO SOMETHING ABOUT IT