Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder System Eventually

Caelrie
12.13.2011 , 04:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DecalGuy View Post
/signed

I wouldnt mind a LFD tool but about a year+ after launch and please only be able to search your server!!! Played WoW for awhile and afetr hitting max level all I did was stay at the bank in Q's pretty much anytime I logged in. Thats also why I quit wow, I had everything in about 2 weeks for 3 characters.

Pleasse dont implant this the wrong way Bioware!!!
What is it you think you'll be doing while looking for a FP group in SWTOR? And is your argument seriously that LFD systems are bad because they actually work and then you run too many dungeons?

MareLooke
12.13.2011 , 05:08 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kuldirongaze View Post
Has no one played a recent MMO other than WoW?

I played Rift before and after the LFG tool.

The devs created the tool since they noticed very few players compared to the total was taking advantage of the dungeon content. They tried a same-server LFG tool but it had serious limitations (small pool of players to draw from) so went to a cross-server tool.

Did it change the community? Absolutely. I was sad and happy at the same time. It was great to always group with the sample people but you know what? Over time, people played different toons, different factions, and different games. I'd spend a good part of my play time spamming chat and LFG.

The cross-server LFG tool allowed me to play in dungeons which is what I most like to do in MMOs. The necessity of this tool is a testament to how I guess many players don't like running dungeons. If they did, there'd have been a lot more using the same-server tool. Since there weren't, the devs had to make it crossserver.

Bioware WILL make a LFG tool. Sure they might try same-sever and no teleporting and no rewards for a while but eventually it'll be just like Wow's.

Why? Because it works to get players in groups. Simple as that.

Now then, hopefully I get EGA soon so I can start playing and spend less time in chat....
As a matter of fact I did play tons of MMOs trying to find one that gave me the "TBC feel" again. Most failed in some aspect or other that I consider essential (bad community, bad mechancis, boring grind, technically lacking,...)

Rift, in all honestly, was boring, I played beta, started off after launch but quit relatively fast, the game just didn't grab me. The community on my server was the same type as WoW, so I just went back to WoW for a little bit. But the atmosphere there really got to me, I didn't realize just how bad it was until I had to cope without my guild.

Now, when I played ToR during beta one thing I noticed is that grouping was FUN, people were nice, could have a laugh when you messed up in some totally idiotic way, it was why I spent most of TBC in the LFG channel. Because grouping was FUN, sure I wasn't able to run 4dungeons/hour (or more) but at least I ENJOYED the ones I did and my friends list boomed.

I didn't do all that much flashpoints (5 or 6 or so during 2 weekends) but I already ended up with a friends list of 4-5 people. This is just unfathomable in WoW, even in the entirely unlikely case you run into an actual fun group you can't do anything with them since they're more than likely from another server.

Of course, corss-realm LFG isn't solely responsible for what, imho, is the downfall of WoW but I consider it a very big factor and I sure as hell hope it never makes its way to ToR. It just reduced the "community" on a realm to a bunch of no-names you ran into in Dalaran (or whatever your city of choice was), might as well have been playing with bots most of the time, just add a lot of profanity and tah-dah, your average WoW dungeon PUG.

DjGarreezy
12.13.2011 , 07:19 PM | #33
This was exactly i was thinking, but in WOW it got really dull when you just sit there in your area and suddenly appear in a different realm.. So I am actually really glad that there not implementing that at all for a while.
(▒|▒|▒|▒▒▒[◙]▒◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙>

orsengodsbane
12.13.2011 , 07:34 PM | #34
I would like a system for makeing meeting ppl for certian instances, but not something that warps me inside the instance. i would miss meeting up with ppl and travaling together along the way. iv played many mmo's and ones like wow became very boaring very fast because waiting around became very sleepy.

Waubay
12.13.2011 , 08:26 PM | #35
I wonder if there could be a way to have a system that before anyone leaves a flashpoint group that the rest of the group could give them a thumbs up/thumbs down vote. Those votes would accrue over time and result in a title next to their name when they are in LFG.

LFG players' names would be listed and people would click/rank who they want in their group from the list.

Each person would have a title like:

"Flashpoint Private" = noob but not necessarily bad; hasn't run a lot of flashpoints

"Flashpoint Lieutenant" = average good player

"Flashpoint General" = runs lots of flashpoints and everybody likes what they do; if you attained this title you would be the first selected by others in LFG ie. insta-cue

"Flashpoint Pariah" = they have been jerks in the past but if no one else is available take them and let them redeem themselves

If there was a system in place that holds people accountable for being good and being jerks I definitely would not mind the increase in the number of dungeons that can be run with a cross-server LFG.

RobHouse
12.13.2011 , 08:36 PM | #36
no LFG, no LFR, we'll take the automatically making a grp in bgs though, that was pretty useful. But yea, i agree with everything that has been said in this thread, frankly, it wouldn't bother me if they NEVER implemented a lfg system, a flashpoint is a big deal, it should never been a switch u turn on, then do chores until it "pops".

undeadsoul
12.13.2011 , 08:41 PM | #37
I think it is best to implement the LFD later on as well. I have tried playing other games after they are established and it can be very difficult to find a group. After being unable to find a group to run the first few instances I will usually abandon the game and look elsewhere. (I challenge anyone interested in say EQII who has never played to find a group for a dungeon)

Waubay
12.13.2011 , 08:44 PM | #38
I posted an idea a couple of posts ago and had another idea. How about the LFG system automatically putting together groups based on their title. Then good players get to play with good players and all the baddies can screw each other over.

undeadsoul
12.13.2011 , 08:47 PM | #39
I must also say that even though in WoW I was screwed over many times in the LFD, I still enjoyed the experience and would que up again and hope for better luck. Even qrouping with people from my same realm didn't stop the ninjas. (I was also ninjad many times in this beta)

phzyzorblade
12.13.2011 , 09:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Waubay View Post
I posted an idea a couple of posts ago and had another idea. How about the LFG system automatically putting together groups based on their title. Then good players get to play with good players and all the baddies can screw each other over.
lol awsome!
Like my ride? (NO ONE cuts me off in traffic)phyzyzorblade