Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder System Eventually

moosedog
12.23.2011 , 10:46 PM | #161
I used to be on the anti LFG finder team but after sitting at the fleet for a few days spamming general for hammer station or athiss groups I'm about ready to throw in the towel. This game desperately need a much, much better LFG tool than the garbage that's in place now.

kvelwulf
12.24.2011 , 12:28 AM | #162
I remember reading threads about "there should not be a LFG tool," and naturally I was against it. But I knew once the game went live, it'd be a no contest, that LFG tool is very much needed.

I was just thinking about this tool considering I just did my first flashpoint since the game released, and it was heroic mode.

Andrewie
12.24.2011 , 04:35 AM | #163
I'm not saying that a LFG tool isn't helpful at making quick pick-up-groups. It most definately is.

But I would prefer that flashpoints doesn't become all about pick up groups.
I would like the difficulty to suit groups with good communication, and not groups with little to no communication.

So if there's a LFG tool, I hope they don't start monitoring the success of the groups and adapt the content accordingly. Because if they do that, running flashpoints will become a boring grind. Just like it is in wow. No challenge at all, just.... queue up and ride the rollercoaster.
  • An LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • And LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE, as long as you stay away from that LFG tool except for premade groups and finding that last DPS.
  • No LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • No LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE. But slightly tricky to find groups until you build up a network of friends, or bring your friends with you to the game.

For casuals: WoW has boring and pointless 5-mans. And they've recently moved to make the raiding content work the same way. Trivializing the difficulty so that it can be zerged, then making a queue up system for it. It's just not fun. The people you meet are people you'll never meet again. And under the cover of anonymity, some of them tend to behave like *****s whilst the rest tend to be just silent. There is no consequence whatsoever in being rude, nor is there a consequence in playing really bad. It's.... just not fun that way for me.

lanozid
12.24.2011 , 06:03 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrewie View Post
I'm not saying that a LFG tool isn't helpful at making quick pick-up-groups. It most definately is.

But I would prefer that flashpoints doesn't become all about pick up groups.
I would like the difficulty to suit groups with good communication, and not groups with little to no communication.

So if there's a LFG tool, I hope they don't start monitoring the success of the groups and adapt the content accordingly. Because if they do that, running flashpoints will become a boring grind. Just like it is in wow. No challenge at all, just.... queue up and ride the rollercoaster.
  • An LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • And LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE, as long as you stay away from that LFG tool except for premade groups and finding that last DPS.
  • No LFG tool+trivial content=boring and pointless PVE.
  • No LFG tool+challenging content=fun PVE. But slightly tricky to find groups until you build up a network of friends, or bring your friends with you to the game.

For casuals: WoW has boring and pointless 5-mans. And they've recently moved to make the raiding content work the same way. Trivializing the difficulty so that it can be zerged, then making a queue up system for it. It's just not fun. The people you meet are people you'll never meet again. And under the cover of anonymity, some of them tend to behave like *****s whilst the rest tend to be just silent. There is no consequence whatsoever in being rude, nor is there a consequence in playing really bad. It's.... just not fun that way for me.
I think itīs perfectly fine to adapt PVE-difficulty to pickup groups and in general not make the game too challenging. Having a look at WOW and all the stuff they changed over the last years (cross-realm dungeon and raid finder, end of 40-men raids, dramatically decreased number of Group quests, less complex skill system) it seems to be what the majority of players want. As long as they want to make as much money as possible with the game (and hey itīs EA, they sure want that) they will have to cater to the majority.

Iīm absolutely sure we will see a dungeon and raid finder system and less heroic zones/quests in the future and it is a good thing I can hardly wait for it to happen.

biosaw
12.24.2011 , 06:09 AM | #165
DUNGEON FINDER FTW !!! THE SOONER THE BETTER
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE

Wyndage
12.24.2011 , 06:26 AM | #166
Im glad to see many against the thought of a Dungeon Finder system.
Just in the past few days of running BT and Hammer ive had a good time meeting the persons running the FPs with me. Its personal when you have to go through General chat to put your grp together. The finder removes this completely. I dont understand why people want spoon-fed MMOs ( go back to WoW, and look how well they are doing with exodus in the millions ) I came from the days of EQ where everything you did required work and effort on ones part, which in turn led to a much more rewarding experience. Please BW dont add a Dungeon Finder if you have any respect for the brilliant game you've created.

Caspillo
12.24.2011 , 07:28 AM | #167
Everyone got their own ideas about LFG system if it should be in game or not. IMO it should be but without inst teleport to it . Like it was in different mmo's - if someone new is joining and group is wiping this "New" player doesnt know where to run , where is entrance and where he is . ..
LFG system would be good for ppl looking for 1 dps/tank/healer . We can be sure that this system will be in this game . There is a lot of players which would like to log in , do few FP , log off . They wont be playing other games as they like SW .

Ohnoto
12.24.2011 , 07:41 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by gangbot View Post
Been in the fleet station for 2 hours now, trying to make or looking for a group... people are simply out in the zones doing quests.
Quote: Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
I used to be on the anti LFG finder team but after sitting at the fleet for a few days spamming general for hammer station or athiss groups I'm about ready to throw in the towel. This game desperately need a much, much better LFG tool than the garbage that's in place now.
Have you tried going to the zone for your flashpoint level range?

If there are 50 people at The Fleet, ranging from 10-50 it is not as much of a select group. If you go the planet of the level range and there are 50 people, there are more that would come because you are advertising to a more select group in that range. The problem with getting groups together is that people are just standing in The Fleet attempting to recruit and not venturing outside of that.

This is why there is a spot on every planet to shuttle people back to The Fleet quickly, and the Emergency Fleet Pass ability, pending it is not on cooldown.
Community Admin - Among Shadows | Recruitment Thread

Brista
12.24.2011 , 08:38 AM | #169
Imo having to spam chat is about as much fun as having to queue for an hour to log in. If Bioware don't want to introduce a LFG Tool until the game "matures" they may find half the players have left by the time it's done.

zuile
12.24.2011 , 09:44 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Brista View Post
Imo having to spam chat is about as much fun as having to queue for an hour to log in. If Bioware don't want to introduce a LFG Tool until the game "matures" they may find half the players have left by the time it's done.
This lol, it's piss annoying flying to planets to have to find players for a flashpoint group, a LFG tool doesn't even need to be cross server or have teleports just let it form groups for us no matter what bloody planet we're on. Grab 1 person who's specced mostly healing, 1 who's specced mostly tanking and then 2 dps specced. Sorted.
Great and Powerful Trixie best pony.