Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dungeon Finder System Eventually


morganlion's Avatar


morganlion
12.15.2011 , 12:03 PM | #111
vurgnoche and the rest of the players who said no dungeon finders are right you want that aspect go play wow. Seriously this is aint wow and if SWTOR follows in wows footsteps it will lose subs. Alot of us are giving SWTOR a chance because it isnt wow and its story driven.Wow is everyone gets a ribbon for nothing approach. Stop crying and wanting it easy you get companions seriously ppl use the damn companions.

simieon's Avatar


simieon
12.15.2011 , 12:12 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by vurgnoche View Post
this is stupid. all you casual gamers who want everything easy are already *********** this game up. if you want WoW go back to WoW. dont bring that **** over here.
your argument is invalid, you post no argument, and showcase the horrible community wow is renowned for in 2 sentences, while showing that you are either one of the really rare elitist *****s, or not even close to the hard core you pass yourself off as.

have you noticed that allmost everyone defending a lfg tool in this thread has been friendly and tried to have a proper debate on how it could be done best, while posting valid arguments fighting their case?
i shat the sherif, but i did not poop the deputy #remembertoflush

TenebriousDeep's Avatar


TenebriousDeep
12.15.2011 , 12:18 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by morganlion View Post
vurgnoche and the rest of the players who said no dungeon finders are right you want that aspect go play wow. Seriously this is aint wow and if SWTOR follows in wows footsteps it will lose subs. Alot of us are giving SWTOR a chance because it isnt wow and its story driven.Wow is everyone gets a ribbon for nothing approach. Stop crying and wanting it easy you get companions seriously ppl use the damn companions.

^Summation: My objective opinion is more valid than your objective opinion

News flash: This is a game. I personally don't want to be immersed, I just want to play a game and have some fun. Waiting 30 minutes then traveling for 15 minutes is not fun, it's tedium. If there is a LFG tool and you don't like it you don't have to use it.

I have limited playtime(read job and wife) and I want to spend my time playing instead of preparing to play.

Edited to not offend the OP

Ohnoto's Avatar


Ohnoto
12.15.2011 , 12:27 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by TenebriousDeep View Post
Those of us with limited playtime(read jobs and wives/gfs) want to spend our time playing instead of preparing to play.
As the Original Poster, I would like to point out that I am married and have 2 children. One is 3 years old, the other is 1 year old. Just because I am married and have children does not mean that I want to log on and be able to instant queue for a cross-realm dungeon, only to get people who do not socialize, ninja, or are rude.

For those posting, please post your own personal feelings, not the assumed opinions or feelings of others.

Thanks.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

Bad-Mojo's Avatar


Bad-Mojo
12.15.2011 , 01:07 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by vurgnoche View Post
this is stupid. all you casual gamers who want everything easy are already *********** this game up. if you want WoW go back to WoW. dont bring that **** over here.
It's just as "easy" to walk so that's a stupid assumption, for most it's an issue of time. If someone has one hour to play, they don't want to spent 15 minutes yelling in chat and 45 minutes of it walking across a landscape they have walked across a hundred times before.

TenebriousDeep's Avatar


TenebriousDeep
12.15.2011 , 01:14 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohnoto View Post
As the Original Poster, I would like to point out that I am married and have 2 children. One is 3 years old, the other is 1 year old. Just because I am married and have children does not mean that I want to log on and be able to instant queue for a cross-realm dungeon, only to get people who do not socialize, ninja, or are rude.

For those posting, please post your own personal feelings, not the assumed opinions or feelings of others.

Thanks.
Sounds to me like your problem with a LFG tool has nothing to do with the LFG tool and everything to do with jerks on the Internet. I will agree that cross-server groups can diminish the server community but I think they should still be a last resort option to prevent extreme (15+ minute) queues for end-game flashpoints.

Ohnoto's Avatar


Ohnoto
12.15.2011 , 01:27 PM | #117
Sure, it does involve that. It also involves, like you said diminishing the community, because when you group up with a random person and someone you won't meet again, they are less likely to be nice, and more likely to be rude because they will never see you again.

Many times they are less patient, after they die one time, they leave. This has been my personal experience. The mentality is to get in, get the loot, and get out. If anyone slows them down, leave and re queue.

If you are with people that you found on your server, they are more likely to chat, be nice, and stick through a few deaths because there is server pride, community recognition, and they know that it's just as simple to go to the nearest city chat and blast their name if they are rude.

If you get into a LFD group with a rude player, then you go to their server and blast their name, it does no good and only makes you look like an idiot. That's why cross server LFD systems do not work. They promote bad behavior and take away from server communities.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
12.15.2011 , 02:10 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by morganlion View Post
vurgnoche and the rest of the players who said no dungeon finders are right you want that aspect go play wow. Seriously this is aint wow and if SWTOR follows in wows footsteps it will lose subs. Alot of us are giving SWTOR a chance because it isnt wow and its story driven.Wow is everyone gets a ribbon for nothing approach. Stop crying and wanting it easy you get companions seriously ppl use the damn companions.
Did you seriously tell people they don't need groups to do flashpoints and operations because they have companions?

Have you even played this game?

harvesstor's Avatar


harvesstor
12.15.2011 , 02:38 PM | #119
In the comparison to WoW I think that the LFG finder thing ruined the game in a sense.... Cant believe how many people couldn't even find their way from a graveyard to the instance entrance 20 seconds away...... I hope that they don't implament anything like this in TOR.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
12.15.2011 , 02:39 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by harvesstor View Post
In the comparison to WoW I think that the LFG finder thing ruined the game in a sense.... Cant believe how many people couldn't even find their way from a graveyard to the instance entrance 20 seconds away...... I hope that they don't implament anything like this in TOR.
Have you even found where all the instances are in SWTOR yet? I bet you haven't, or you wouldn't be worried about that.