Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder System Eventually

jessophead
12.15.2011 , 07:07 AM | #101
they will put a dungeon/flashpoint group finder tool in at some point. Although i personally can see both sides of the argument regarding this, a lfg tool is very popular in other mmo;s and is used extensively by the vast majority of players.
Some people will say well to compromise then let it be only sewrver based rather than cross-realm. Bioware might well do this to start with, but i bet within a few months it will go cross server when people realise that queue times shard only, are well over an hour or even rarely pop a run due to grouping issues.
source: witnessing the same argument and same issues in Rift during the implementation of flg tool.

Jonch
12.15.2011 , 07:12 AM | #102
Have the dungeon finder. It's not like those who like to explore can no longer do so. However, for those who like to get in the instance quickly and not "waste" time running to it.... to each his own. Why force everyone to run to the instance just because some of us prefer to do so?

simieon
12.15.2011 , 07:14 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonch View Post
Why force everyone to run to the instance just because some of us prefer to do so?
agreed, you should be allowed to play the game you see best, as long as it doesnt ruin other players enjoyment of the game.
i shat the sherif, but i did not poop the deputy #remembertoflush

eopyu
12.15.2011 , 07:24 AM | #104
cross server lfg is intented to match up low pop server with high pop server so the q time for dungeon and the ratio of tank+haler in a group is spread out evenly.

IE:lfm 1 tank for w/e in a low pop server does sucks.

So as long as all the servers are equally full to some extent, there is no need for a cross server. especially with 4 person team and abundant of tank spec classes that can switch spec on the go.

jessophead
12.15.2011 , 07:32 AM | #105
eopyu, that is a good point.
One good thing about tor is the fact that you can use your companions to help fill out roles, this should lessen the need for a flg tool.

eroscastaldi
12.15.2011 , 07:39 AM | #106
for me? no dungeon finder right now, coming from wow i remembered how funny was as a horde when you had to travel to the deadmines, viceversa as a ally the ragefire chasm :O dungeon finder may be nice but not now i want to explore the world, not press spacebar until the queue popup
(████████████████℈▓╪╪╪╪╪╪⋟␣⋞▓|{ị████████████████)

Jonch
12.15.2011 , 07:58 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by eroscastaldi View Post
for me? no dungeon finder right now, coming from wow i remembered how funny was as a horde when you had to travel to the deadmines, viceversa as a ally the ragefire chasm :O dungeon finder may be nice but not now i want to explore the world, not press spacebar until the queue popup
And you can do so, but should everyone be forced to?

MindFullness
12.15.2011 , 09:45 AM | #108
Substantial discussion here.

In my opinion an LFG / LFD system might be ok as long as it does not include cross realm.

Now as mentioned earlier, people need to travel to the dungeons by themselves. The reason behind that statement is "consequences" and the result if there is none.

Being insta ported to dungeons and insta ported back is too easy and the consequence is that people don't make efforts if things don't go "as easy as pie" since there's actually little to no consequences in making an effort. This explains why people felt like leaving just like that with no explanations in other MMO's. Travelling to dungeon and back requires effort so people will really give it a shot instead of surrendering at the first problem as going back to questing and then back again to Flashpoint non stop will not make sense and will not be efficient.

Best,
Mind

thealmightymonky
12.15.2011 , 11:41 AM | #109
Lfg, sure. Even with teleporting since fleet =/= exploration. Cross server no, emphatically. The loss of community and consequences make for a horrible antagonistic gaming experience.

vurgnoche
12.15.2011 , 11:48 AM | #110
this is stupid. all you casual gamers who want everything easy are already *********** this game up. if you want WoW go back to WoW. dont bring that **** over here.